• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: World Vocals ?

Share/Bookmark

World Vocals ?

Hello,

to all the Northernsounds Community Members. Hope you accept me as a new member and we all have a good time ;-)

My name is Lorenz and i am a the Chief Mastering Engineer of XARC Mastering (a online Mastering Studio) in Germany.

On my \"private\" side i produce World Beat (simliair to Deep Forest) and now that i start producing my second album i am on the search for good World Vocals, long phrases, mainly chants or solo vocals.

I know there are some Sample CDs that have World Vocals on them but mostly its just short phrases or give-on to the CDs and are rather unuseable.
    I tried almost every SampleCD of that kind i could find, but none of it does the job (not even Vocal Planet)

Does anyone of you know really good World Vocals SampleCDs with long phrases and chants on them or Royality free Vocals of Folk Singer Groups / Bands or where to license such music (possibly at cheap / fair prices) or of any archives of that kind that are accessible in some way.

I also asked Unesco to license vocals from their \"Unesco Collection of Traditional Music of the World\" but didn´t have a reply yet and want to see what my alternatives are.

Please help out.

Best Regards,
    Lorenz @ XARC Mastering

P.S.: the Quality of the vocals must NOT be studio quality, its ok/good if they have their own character of \"recorded in the wild\" or sound somewhat \"old\"

Re: World Vocals ?

Well its probably been used too much, but try Heart of China by Big Fish Audio. Listen to the demo to hear what I mean

Ed

Thanks, but i also tried this one and its not what i need :/

Originally posted by XARC Mastering:
    Thanks, but i also tried this one and its not what i need :/
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Go to the middle east and asia and bring a Dat recorder. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go to the middle east and asia and bring a Dat recorder.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Or cheaper, just post an ad in the paper looking for people speaking the languages you\'re looking for. Or post an ad at a music/theater department at a university.

hehe, thanks for suggestions but i dont want to work with only one singer as i want to have a vocal-rich and ethnic-rich content in my songs that you hardly can work out with a single singer. Aren´t there any CD´s fitting my needs or any other resources you guys know off where i can license such things, or did someone of you record such vocals (maybe on a travel) and wants to sell them to me ?

Thanks and Greets.

Lorenz,

Where can we hear some of your music. I am a big Deep Forest fan, and much of the music that I do is in that genre.

I am fortunate enough to have an aboriginal group from Australia here to perform at Epcot and the singer is coming to my studio on Thursday to do some recording of vocal samples and songs. I\'m very excited about it. I hosted a party for the group last night, and we had a jam with 3 African drummers, 3 australian aboriginals playing didge and singing and a couple of other people playing Native American flute, kalimba and percussion. I recorded the whole thing, and it was awesome.

Let us know if you find the samples you seek. I am interested as well. BTW, David and Diane Arkenstone\'s CD \"African Skies\" has some nice stuff in the Deep Forest tradition.

-- Martin

@mschiff

i am afraid i can´t give you any demos atm because of copyright issues. And thanks for the CD tip i check them out.

@J Whaley

Yes, Spritual Voices is the ONLY CD i find is useable for me atm, but i can´t imagine there isn´t something else out there! Does noone of you know a place to get royalyte free folk-vocals form this regions or where to license them not only on Sample CD´s ?

Best Regards,
    Lorenz @ XARC Mastering

Originally posted by XARC Mastering:
    @mschiff

i am afraid i can´t give you any demos atm because of copyright issues. And thanks for the CD tip i check them out.

@J Whaley

Yes, Spritual Voices is the ONLY CD i find is useable for me atm, but i can´t imagine there isn´t something else out there! Does noone of you know a place to get royalyte free folk-vocals form this regions or where to license them not only on Sample CD´s ?

Best Regards,
    Lorenz @ XARC Mastering
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Libraries usually have a a sound recording archive. Check around at some regional and national libraries.

There\'s been several threads along this line. Vocal planet, heart of Africa, heart of Asia are about the only things out there. They are very good but not as complete as alot of people would like. I\'d love to get some better collections as well, but I\'m afraid at this point we\'re all going to have to wait a while.

You might check out q-up arts. They have some decent libraries. Some native american stuff that\'s really cool as well! Also the demos at Sounds Online for a product called Spritual Voices from Best service sounds pretty cool, but I haven\'t got it so I can\'t verify.

J-

Go Back to forum