• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Keyboard Mags review of atmosphere

Share/Bookmark

Keyboard Mags review of atmosphere

Keyboard did not give atmosphere a Key Buy award.

They did give one to sonic synth.
    Sonic synth is crap. I bought it and its fairly usesless.
    Atmosphere has to be the best money I spent this past year.

Anyone else think this review was wack???

Eric,
    I own too much of your stuff but Atmosphere is truly the best value of any product you have produced.
    Can\'t wait for the NEXT stuff!

Please note that this was just a tiny rant against the completely useless reveiws and truley amaturish writers at Keyboard.
    I feel better now. thanks for stopping by. sorry to bother everyone
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Keyboard Mags review of atmosphere

Actually, the review was extremely positive. The problem was that they focused on things missing from the engine and not the sounds and great out of the box expeience. Because Atmosphere is considered software and not a sample library, they compared it to other soft synths in the feature department. That\'s why it didn\'t get a Key Buy. In this instance, I think that was a mistake, because it has some other things going for it, which matter more. For me it is a Key Buy, unlike Eric\'s crappy new bass library. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think it\'s killer too, \"F\" those guys at Keyboard Mag, it\'s \"my\" key-buy!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For me it is a Key Buy, unlike Eric\'s crappy new bass library. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey, don\'t scare me like that, I just got it and haven\'t even unwrapped it yet... Now you\'ve got
    me all second guessing my purchase and stuff. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I hope it\'s good, I\'ve never heard it???? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

OK, go ahead and flame me - I like Atmosphere, but so far I don\'t love it. IMHO, there are too many sounds I have heard before, or something similar.

It\'s well done, and I have no real complaint as such with it, and perhaps I need to spend more time tweaking the original sounds, but I actually get more value from Best of Bolder\'s granular tones.

This is of course, extremely subjective, and you can feel free to lash me with a wet noodle (whee!) but BOB granular sent me rushing to the sequencer with new, fresh musical ideas, and Atmosphere has not generated that kind of creative spasm in my old, tired bones...

But I still like it, will use it, and respect EP for his work on this (and so many other) projects.

(And I agree with Ed about Sonic Synth, from what I\'ve heard (don\'t own it) it\'s more Sonic the Hedgehog!

Dasher

I would given it full house too. But reviewers are different - I\'m sure Atmosphere will reveive top rating a couple of places.

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Actually, the review was extremely positive. The problem was that they focused on things missing from the engine and not the sounds and great out of the box expeience. Because Atmosphere is considered software and not a sample library, they compared it to other soft synths in the feature department. That\'s why it didn\'t get a Key Buy. In this instance, I think that was a mistake, because it has some other things going for it, which matter more. For me it is a Key Buy, unlike Eric\'s crappy new bass library. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gee Nick, I\'ve never heard anything from Eric that was crappy...and that seems a little unprofessional coming from a fellow developer. I\'ve certainly heard some less than stellar stuff in your releases....JMHO, of course.

I agree, Tom. I own many libraries by Eric Persing and they are all great, without exception. I don\'t know about his new stuff though, but I can\'t imagine how they could be bad coming from such a talented sound designer.

Thomas

Hi tomhartman:

Please notice the blinking Greamlin [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think it was just teasing from a competitor - I\'m sure Nick respect Eric\'s work..

Haha you\'re right Scarbee!

Sometimes such small details are hard to notice!
    Since he\'s also coming out with a bass library it makes sense [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The problem is that people could misunderstand his post and actually think it\'s bad! Oh well..

Thomas

when Nick atually does complain about a library/tool, whether its his own or a competitors, he usually goes into detail about what he doesn\'t like.

So he was joking

I still like that he has the balls to do so. Then again, I keep forgetting he states his opinions from \"composer POV\"

Anyway, what I\'ve heard of Atmosphere rocks

Go Back to forum