• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any Symphony of Voices pieces out there?

Share/Bookmark

Any Symphony of Voices pieces out there?

Does anyone know any pieces I can hear that use Symphony of Voices (preferably the gregorian chant patches)?

I\'ve heard the demos, but want to hear some real pieces by real users before I spend my four hundred mullah!

So, does anyone have any links to Mp3s for me?!

Re: Any Symphony of Voices pieces out there?

Here\'s one I made while goofing around with SOV. SOV is loaded on an XV-5080. Sorry, it\'s not gregorian chants.

Lamentations.mp3

This is one my first pieces in 2000 when I started with sequencing and GigaSampler:

Assisi

It uses a few lines from the Sov Gregorian and soprano programs, as well as a lot of Mmms, Ahhs and moving vowels. Drum loops from Liquid Grooves. Sucking string attacks/releases and way too much of the Kyrie lines, if you ask me now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was then using a Pentium 2 with GigaSampler 1.5 (max 96 voices) and Cakewalk.

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    This is one my first pieces in 2000 when I started with sequencing and GigaSampler:

Assisi

It uses a few lines from the Sov Gregorian and soprano programs, as well as a lot of Mmms, Ahhs and moving vowels. Drum loops from Liquid Grooves. Sucking string attacks/releases and way too much of the Kyrie lines, if you ask me now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was then using a Pentium 2 with GigaSampler 1.5 (max 96 voices) and Cakewalk.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Peter,
    I\'m interested in using SOV with my Gigastudio. What conversion program did you use? Translator? It is a \"usable\" or \"near-perfect\" translation?

Thanks,
    Owel

Originally posted by Owel:
    Peter,
    I\'m interested in using SOV with my Gigastudio. What conversion program did you use? Translator? It is a \"usable\" or \"near-perfect\" translation?

Thanks,
    Owel
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I originally converted the entire library using the S-Converter that came with GigaSampler. It expanded from 5 AKAI-format discs to more than 10 CD-R\'s, btw... Last year I actually reprogrammed numerous patches, because I didn\'t like the slow attacks and very long releases that I got. But, I still don\'t know if that was due to S-Converter. A while ago I bought Translator, so I want to re-convert everything once more, just to make sure.

Maybe Eric can jump in here (again) to advise on the best approach for converting SOV.

Anyway, with GigaStudio you can very simply convert the AKAI programs to Gig files, you don\'t really need a separate program.

Great library, by the way!

Peter

Hey Peter,

I remember listening to that when you put it in this forum...i still listen to it now and again.
    I know how you must view it after doing bigger and better, but its still a really demo for SOV.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Apparently the Roland version had release trails... that may have been a dream... anyway, if it wasnt does that mean it had more content than my Akai version?

About SOV; I use the boys choirs in almost everything I do. Thats how much I like them :-). I will post some of my recent stuff eventually to show you.

Ed

I have the Roland version... So I guess, Translator is my only solution.

>Apparently the Roland version had release trails
    What\'s a release trail? Sorry, newbie here.

Hans Zimmer used a lot of SOV on Hannibal Soundtrack , but not gregorian chants...

I read somewhere that SOV was also used in Good Will Hunting.

Go Back to forum