• Register
  • Help

Topic: Halloween Piece

Share/Bookmark

Halloween Piece

Here\'s a short piece for Halloween. It consists of solo strings. I\'d love your comments regarding it.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/TrickOrTreat_byMDrost.mp3

Happy Halloween!

Marko

Re: Halloween Piece

Marko,

I adore how you have expressed the cellos in this brief composition if my ears stand correct here..What I may do is hook this brief score to my front door of my abode and trigger the sounds when the door bell rings...The kids will be quite amazed - right?

BTW, my latest score if you care to listen to it is here..I\'m not an orchestral composer at present..just a Jazz & Pop arranger for now...

http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1,2,4&Board=Songs&Number=66509&pa ge=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Alan Russell

Nice work, Marko.

-- Martin

Marko,

Nicely done! I\'m a fan of spooky solo strings, and you\'ve added to the catalogue.

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    What I may do is hook this brief score to my front door of my abode and trigger the sounds when the door bell rings...The kids will be quite amazed - right?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Had I thought of this earlier, I would have made a sound effects gig. My kids would love to trigger the effects live with the keyboard.

On the other hand we\'re out in the hills. Nobody trick or treats here. Too spooky!

Sounds good. This is Kirk Hunter\'s solo library, isn\'t it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alan,
    That is a cello and a viola playing the same theme at the opening and the end.

I will listen to your piece later when I have time to download it. (I have a slow modem connection.)

I\'ve already made a giga file of spooky Halloween sound fx. It is very useful for Halloween

mschiff,

Glad you like it.

JonFairhurst,
    The strings in this piece ended up being a bit more sarcastic than spooky.

Ned,

This was done mostly with KHSS. I think I may have substituted some pizzicato samples from another library.

Thanks for listening!

Go Back to forum