• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What library can produce this celli sound?

Share/Bookmark

Re: What library can produce this celli sound?

It\'s Brian Tyler. I can get a good legato sound with the GOS Celli leg (with the Maple plug-in) but it hasn\'t got that swelling vibrato sound - does the VSL celli leg sound like that?

Still really love the cellos from Kirk Hunter Solo Strings. You can get just the solo cello for $80, which is a total steal, heck, the whole library is a steal! But I\'m imagining you want cello ensembles though, from what I\'m hearing? Sonic Implants has a sweet, warm string ensemble library as well.

Devon

Any descent arco cello sample (specialy with alternate strokes) should let you get that sound. Mind you the cue you listed also has a bassoon on unison which makes a difference, timbre quality wise anyway.

Very Howard Shore Lord of the Rings feeling to that track. Which score is it from? Children of Dune?

VSL is working on small strings ensembles. This may provide the sound that is desired.

Thanks guys, I\'ll see what I can do with the GOS celli leg and DDSW bassoon, if money would permit then VSL or QLSO.

I don\'t know. That example sure had alot of \"breath\" in the cello, given the soft dynamics. It\'s almost as if it\'s layered with a sawtooth synth. Or maybe there\'s a big boost around 3k. It could also be played near the bridge for a more nasal sound. Would a mute cause that sound? I\'m not sure. But it\'s got a lot of harmonics for such soft playing.

QLSO \"Flowing Cellos\" comes pretty close.
    Someone may be able to post an example using that cue.
    I\'ll do it when I get a chance if not.
    Dave

Thanks Dave, I know it\'s been said before, but it would be very worthwhile to see an example of the different QLSO strings articulations. Jon, I think you may be right about the celli being muted - the melody soars fairly high on the A string without pentrating the mix too much.

I wanted to see how close I can get with VSL perf.

Here are the results.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000120306_000012487.mp3

Alex

Wow, that it is pretty much spot on! I love that celli sound, very realistic. I\'m gonna have to leave this thread until the morning (it\'s late here in blighty), but lastly, did that take long to do, I\'m assuming that legato performance tool is pretty power hungry? Anyway, chow until tomorrow...

Go Back to forum