• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solo Cello Free .gig file

Share/Bookmark

Solo Cello Free .gig file

I\'ve uploaded a FREE solo cello .gig file for anyone wishing to hear what the release triggers are all about in the cello. With these, you can play really fast repeated passages without that \"robotic\" sound so often associated with sample libraries.

I wish I could upload larger files so you could hear the repeats with longer notes, but I do not have the bandwidth on my site yet. Also note that these free instruments are only a very limited key range (C2 - G2) to avoid having HUGE download times. They\'re just to give you a \"teaser\" of an idea as to the sound and approach of the short, fast samples in a repeated note arena.
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/downloads.html
    Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Re: Solo Cello Free .gig file

These are nice samples. I really like the violin sounds. Not to discount the cello sounds. But the violin rocks! Please get a bigger bandwidth [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . I need to download those violins and cellos in a few octaves [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Great for fast runs!

Well done! I love freebies! You just never know when these sounds will come in handy. Keep up the great work. And keep up the \"free\" work. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you really want to be thankful, buy them.

Best,
    Kurk Hinter

Originally posted by Alexcremers:

Best,
    Kurk Hinter
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I knew that was coming. I might just do that...

If everyone stops releasing new libraries I might actually have some money for food.

Originally posted by WayneSim:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Alexcremers:

Best,
    Kurk Hinter
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I knew that was coming. I might just do that...

If everyone stops releasing new libraries I might actually have some money for food.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No excuses, there\'s only buying.

Best,
    Kurk Hinter
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kirk -- Proud to say I did earlier this week. I ordered the solo violin which should arrive shortly.

I was blown away by many of the MP3 demos on your site, and have a question about the Virtuoso Violin demo. Was this demo performed using a single multi-articulation key switch program? If not, how many programs did you need to have loaded at one time to produce the demo? It sounds fantastic!

</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by WayneSim:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No excuses, there\'s only buying. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL... No, I really need food. It\'s all part of a saving $$$ scheme. LOL... (I\'m only half joking [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

Anyways that solo Violin really does seem great. It\'s now on my want list [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Kirk - The Virtuoso Violin demo? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    Was this demo performed using a single multi-articulation key switch program? If not, how many programs did you need to have loaded at one time to produce the demo? It sounds fantastic!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That was used with only multi-samples. However a TON of them were loaded.. Slides, Espressivo, Hard Attacks, Detache, and even a little spiccato. Then sometimes layered over some overtones to give it some more reality...the overtones ARE in the library. I can tell you that the midi-ing of this took FOREVER! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kirk

[quote]Originally posted by KirkHunter:
    Then sometimes layered over some overtones to give it some more reality...the overtones ARE in the library.
    Kirk
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Kirk, I\'ve just got your library for a few weeks, converted the programs to Kontakt (I\'m on a Mac), and things work fine so far [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] One question - although Kontakt seems to convert keyswitching programs fine (at least that\'s what I think, no way of checking!), it won\'t do the MW programs - it converts the first layer only out of 3 or 4. So I miss all the overtones.

How were the overtone samples used in the library? If you could describe how this is done, I may be able to receate it in Kontakt. Is it release trigger, key-off trigger, or crossfade? Thanks!

Go Back to forum