• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GRANDIOSO Bosendorfer 290 receives 5 Stars in SOS!

Share/Bookmark

GRANDIOSO Bosendorfer 290 receives 5 Stars in SOS!

Hi
    The GRANDIOSO Bosendorfer290 just got a full 5 stars review in Sound On Sound (UK), a review in Keyboard Player (UK), Electronic Musician (US), Komputer Musik(DE) and there\'s more to come.

I\'m very proud -and honoured- by this huge response, also from the wonderful collection of people that frequent this very forum!

Thank you!

Michiel Post

Re: GRANDIOSO Bosendorfer 290 receives 5 Stars in SOS!

Well deserved in my opinion. Keep pushing the boundaries, Michiel! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

PS I\'d love to see a Yamaha C6 or Steinway B to get the Post treatment. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve

Congratulation Michiel !!! Another well deserved 5 star review for a SUPERB product. Keep up the good work !!! Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Michiel

After some sage advise to look at your website, I had the pleasure of listening to a string of demos for your instruments yesterday and today managed to nab a friend who owns your Steinway library. Your work is really superb and I love the wonderful detail captured in your Fortepiano library. I can\'t wait to get my hands on them and just wanted to say that you certainly deserve all the praise heaped upon, not just the bosendorfer, but all of them.

congratulations!

Yep, I agree with all the above. Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 is superb. I have had it about 2 weeks, and it the most realistic of any of the several piano libraries I own. The sound is very \"live\" with a lovely timbre....both wet and dry samples.
    This sample, and Scarbee\'s RSP are the only libraries I have loaded in Gigastudio now....well done Michiel, and keep striving for perfection [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mal

Congrats Michiel. Can\'t wait to read the review - I read my own from a jpg send from a friend. I think I receive SOS today. Who did your review? Look forward to meet you in Frankfurt! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hi Scarbee, the review is on-line at the SOS website. If you click on the underlined word \"review\" you\'ll see it!Review

As you can read in the article agreat deal of the power of the Grandioso Bosendorfer (and Steinway D) comes from the application GRANDIOSO FX for Jeff Hurchella\'s Mapple program.
    I would like to thank Jeff Hurchella for his huge contributions to this succes. He is the one who figured out how to overcome the limitations Gigastudio has in regards to classic piano sampling. And he did an amazing job.
    I hope other developers will want to implement the Mapple as a standard plug-in architecture for Giga that can be used with many other libraries to make better and more realistic samples.

Also I would like to thank our friend Bruce Richardson for pointing us at the barriers that we needed to cross.

Michiel Post

No surprise there! Great sample. Period.

BTW, I\'ve decided I like the 8 vel layer wet sample with sustain BETTER than the 16 layer wet (w/o sustain). I add the release sample on a separate track; that way I get sustain AND release samples functioning all at once. A bit primitive, I know, but it seems to work very well. If there\'s a better way, I\'m open to suggestions. EG, can I make a 16 layer sample with sustain AND release samples all at once??

JGrant

Interesting, John. I\'ll have to check out your approach.

Lawrence

Go Back to forum