• Register
  • Help

Topic: Celebration overture

Share/Bookmark

Celebration overture

Last Spring I was commissioned by Symphony West Orchestra (a local orchestra in North Olmstead, Ohio) to write an overture to commemorate their 50th anniversary as an orchestra which is this spring (May). This will be performed by that symphony on May 17th at Baldwin Wallace College Kulas Hall.

Instrumentation is full orchestra. All instruments are Garritan instruments played through the Aria Engine using Film Score Space Convolution and Concert Hall 1 ambience.

Enjoy: CELEBRATION OVERTURE

Best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Celebration overture

Last Spring I was commissioned by Symphony West Orchestra (a local orchestra in North Olmstead, Ohio) to write an overture to commemorate their 50th anniversary as an orchestra which is this spring (May). This will be performed by that symphony on May 17th at Baldwin Wallace College Kulas Hall.

Instrumentation is full orchestra. All instruments are Garritan instruments played through the Aria Engine using Film Score Space Convolution and Concert Hall 1 ambience.

Hi Bill,

The Symphony West Orchestra is very lucky to have such an impressive musical anniversary celebration. Your overture is really a treat for the ear. I'm sure the musicians will be delighted to perform your score! And I'd absolutely want to hear a live recording of the overture. (Will there be one?) I'm looking forward to it!

Max

It sounds like a solid and appropriate overture for the orchestra. They found the right person for the job.

What great fun to hear your work performed by a full orchestra and you know they will really be putting their hearts into it.

Congratulations!

Phil

This was a great piece to listen to. It sounds like the harmonic approach was different from that of Quietly The Storm Comes.

The applause is starting already, and justifiably! This will be a great start to the 50th anniversary celebrations, Bill - And I await anxiously for when you can post a recording of the orchestra!

Randy

Nice composition, Bill! Congratulations on being commissioned (is that the correct phrase??) to write this piece for the symphony! I hope you have the opportunity to record the performance! It would be very cool to hear your work as performed by the symphony!

Thanks for sharing your work. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thanks all. Yes it will be recorded and I will share after that happens. It wasn't a large commission, but it was a commission. Never hurts to get paid for what you love to do.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum