• Register
  • Help

Topic: First piece written with GPO

Share/Bookmark

First piece written with GPO

This is the first piece I've written using GPO. I usually don't write orchestral pieces, but I've been trying to improve my skills in all areas of music for the last few years and I realized I'd been neglecting my classical composition skills(if you can call what I'm doing "skill"). I orginally thought this would be good for a video game, but now I'm not sure it would fit. Anyway please listen and post any criticism or suggestions you have. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/chandlerhimself/action-reaction

Re: First piece written with GPO

Hi Chandler,

That is a very interesting piece of orchestration in which you show your skills. I like it a lot, the building up, the variation in orchestral use, the rendering and the sound quality. I have one little question though. In the first section (in the strings) I hear a rather unusually strong solo violin within the violin section. Is that intentional or have you just used the solo violin to enrich the section sound (and exaggerated a little in balance)?

But the total composition is really a beauty!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Chandler,

That is a very interesting piece of orchestration in which you show your skills. I like it a lot, the building up, the variation in orchestral use, the rendering and the sound quality. I have one little question though. In the first section (in the strings) I hear a rather unusually strong solo violin within the violin section. Is that intentional or have you just used the solo violin to enrich the section sound (and exaggerated a little in balance)?

But the total composition is really a beauty!

Max
    Thanks for taking the time to listen and leaving nice comments. The violin is exaggerated mostly because of my limited experience using the program. Hopefully on my next piece I'll be able to make a violin ensemble sounds that has definition yet doesn't sound like one instrument. Anyway, glad you liked it.

thanks for this information i really need to see this information , keep posting please

Go Back to forum