• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for some good oud samples

Share/Bookmark

Looking for some good oud samples

Hey all,

I\'m in need of a high quality oud sample for some Black Hawk Down-ish tracks in a project I\'m working on. I know there are a couple of libs with this instrument (i.e. SI Silk Road, etc)...can anyone comment on authenticity and playability of the oud sample in any of these things?

Thanks in advance,
    Ian D.

Re: Looking for some good oud samples

Hello Ian. I highly recommend \"Hans Zimmer Guitars 2\" for good oud sounds as well as lots of great \"ethnic\" stringed instrument samples. Check it out [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .............. Gary
    http://www.ilio.com/spectrasonics/hanszimmerguitarsvol2/

Yes, the Zimmer Guitar 2 is highly recommended. I have that one as well. Haven\'t tried the SI Silk Road oud but their products are always good and you can download just the stringed instruments I believe.
    J

Hi...Voices of Istanbul by Q Up Arts also has a nice oud sample. Plus they have a whole bunch of additional nice and usable Middle Eastern samples like the kanun, flute, darbouka (hand drums), etc.

Awesome, thanks so much to everyone for the replies! It hadn\'t even occurred to me to check out the Zimmer Guitars. Time to go listen to some demos!

Hey Ian.... You might want to try the demo on this page... I had troubles getting the demo to play on the \"Ilio.com\" site. So try this site:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/hzguitar2.html

You\'ll really love these samples...I think that the \"Collings Guitar\" is really awesome! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ....... Gary

Go Back to forum