• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New O.Demo "Tales From the Middle Earth" Nš-3

Share/Bookmark

New O.Demo "Tales From the Middle Earth" Nš-3

OkA, This is the Next one,

Nš3-\"Gondorīs Calling\".

http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/3.mp3

Hope iīll take your \"Atencion\" with this moviment., A bit more \"Complet and Complex Score\", Brass UP..;Gondor is next to Mordor, Allways in the line of War, i tryed here, Show, these Contrast, \"Light Vs Dark\"... As composer Specially Hapy with the End.....
    Iīve Been working really Hard with this Score, i hope you take that in Count and PLASE tell me what you think no matter \"Good or Bad\", a critic is Allways Good for me., but really I wanna KNOW it...
    THX;
    If any one has missed any moviment here there are all posted yet,
    Nš1- \"Gollumīs Cavern\"
    http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/1.mp3
    Nš2- \"Four on their Way\"
    http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/2.mp3
    Nš3- \"Gondorīs Calling\"
    http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/3.mp3

Really THX.

Diego Montesinos

Re: New O.Demo "Tales From the Middle Earth" Nš-3

this one is definitely a shining tune...i like the atmospere it creates. absolutely good work, montesinos.

Thank you Very MUCH, Mr.Robin.....
    Iīm starting feel a bit \"Unknown\", and i donīt realy know why people doesnīt Express their opinions.. (Cose i know the Trafic of my Ftp Server), and i know they are listening.......
    I think is basic for us recive \"Critics\" good or Bad, to learnt..and progress......
    Thank you again..
    I Acept that you take me Right in my post of your last Demo, \"Where i told you i did not understand your music\". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    pd: you can call me Diego,

Diego,

is there anyway you can take theose 1/2 note counter chord (moving) melodies and make them even more legato. (sought of even in volume) The other layers are so together in sound and layers IMHO.
    Your drama in your composition stands out quite a bit and is evident of what your intent was here.

Overall - just wonderful!

Alan Russell

Excellent stuff - some really magical moments.

That said, the woodwinds need to breathe more - check your phrasing, and don\'t be afraid to give the oboe a rest and allow another instrument to carry the part, especially through reiteration of a theme.

The brass to me at the beginning of the third piece didn\'t sound convincing. I can\'t recommend an acoustic piece as a reference off the top of my head, but I picture more \"push-pull\" and sfortzando in that part. As it is, it\'s too \"plateau\'d\"

Overall the mixes are very, very bright - especially the snare and other percussion instruments. I perhaps am being biased toward a traditional classical performance in a venue where there is a lot of natural attenuation of the high frequencies.

That\'s all that came to me over one listening of all three sections. Overall it\'s very nice and should get you the gig, and help you keep it if it\'s already in the bag. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey C.

Here you Again THX....
    yep, Brass bared.. really a problem., but again as composer i must \"imagine\" how it will sound., by real stuft., i can not stop or cover it cose i conceive the begining of the Moviment, with these, first Trompet1, 1 and 4 horn, then the rest of Brass. bla bla bla......;\"Messege is the Gondorīs horn\", \"Boromirīs horn\"...;
    About Libraries question, oka,
    till now only one vote.
    VSL=1;
    too pour...
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you Very much for posting:
    Alan:
    Excuse my pour Englihs, but can you explain me in other words that: \"is there anyway you can take theose 1/2 note counter chord (moving) melodies and make them even more legato. (sought of even in volume) The other layers are so together in sound and layers IMHO.\"; Thanks...

Houston:
    Absoluty agree, with your words about \"the Oboe, and company\" i was a bit afraid to overload the mix..; Brass, well the sound is \"of course\", not real, but iīm not worry about that, and General Mix, iīm worry \"only\" about the Score.. but of course i wanna better sound can i get.

Thx Again.

Diego.

Hey D,
    Three in a row...all very good. My original comments about dynamics still stand [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but there is no way one can not recognize the chops you have. I do agree with Houston\'s comment about the opening trumps. They mix well, but completely bare like that is another thing.
    So when are you going to fess up about the libraries? Your non-disclosure has my curiosity aroused....

cb

Diego,
    I like the tune after the first \"movement\", but I almost turned it off before it got passed that counter harmony in the beginning, to frazzled for me.

Me gusta mucho esta cancion despues el primer movemiento, pero casi yo me termine antes este parte de contra harmonia cuando empieza.

Saludos y disculpe mi espanol.

Tambien, me gusta mucho las cuerdas, diga que library esta usando por favor.

I also like the strings, alot, please tell me what library you are using.

Go Back to forum