• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first radio promo (download link)

Share/Bookmark

My first radio promo (download link)

Ok, this really has nothing to do with making a song, but it\'s more like a short, crazy talkie thing, although I did compose little tiny parts for the commercial. Listen, and you\'ll know what I\'m talking about. I had a lot of fun, and am anxious to make more! Voices, music, effects, were all done by me. It\'s not perfect, but I\'m happy enough for my first one. Comments welcome.

14 seconds long
    http://www.bsu.edu/web/jlhudson/wmrebumper.mp3

Jared Hudson

Re: My first radio promo (download link)

Id love to listen!... but the file doesnt exist according to DAP

Adding a little bit of http:// to the link does wonders.

The spot has a nice commercial mix. It is very competitive with what one hears on any rock format radio station. By competitive I mean it sounds similar to what these stations do \"in-house\" with their own production staff. This is not bad, it just means that if you want to rise above that level you will indeed need to provide musical elements that are not already available (drum loops, sound effects, etc.) for non-musician production folks.

This spot is very well produced on the whole, but demonstrates your skills at sound design over being a musician at this point. Do continue to experiment with your musical skills. Your sound design skills are in great shape!

Yep! Corrected link:

http://www.bsu.edu/web/jlhudson/wmrebumper.mp3

LOL! Sounds like I\'m listening to the Top 40 Station here in Denver. Very pro and usable commercially.

Originally posted by JonFairhurst:
    The style is spot on. However, I found that I couldn\'t understand some of the dialogue in the middle part. Maybe EQ can used to make some more room, and the dry dialog can be increased in level. Probably a million ways to solve it, but honestly, I couldn\'t understand the central part of the message.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree, totally unintelligible. Spots like that just remind me of why I so seldomly listen to the radio. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hehe, we dont get radio like that in England. Its funny! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The middle bit I cant make out what you are saying either, sorry. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    What samples did you use for the music?

Ed

The style is spot on. However, I found that I couldn\'t understand some of the dialogue in the middle part. Maybe EQ can used to make some more room, and the dry dialog can be increased in level. Probably a million ways to solve it, but honestly, I couldn\'t understand the central part of the message.

Just like the real thing...stupid, irritating, can\'t wait till it\'s over...very realistic (sadly)

Hey, you could have a bright future producing MONSTER TRUCK RALLY EXTRAVAGANZA AT THE FORUM!!! spots.
    For you Non-Americans here who don\'t know, Monster truck rallies are a social phenome.... oh.... never mind...

cb

Thanks guys. I always enjoy making sassy, annoying as crap, radio spots. HAHA! It was still fun though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jared

Go Back to forum