• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Aaron Sapp

Share/Bookmark

Question for Aaron Sapp

Hello Aaron, your Vanguard demo sounds GREAT! Best of luck with the new company you\'re working with. The brass parts in your demo are very bright and dynamic... you say they are a combination of a few different libraries... but what\'s the major brass library you\'ve used on this Vanguard demo? I\'ve ordered SAM horn and will have them next week... I hope that I will be able to create realistic brass samples similar to yours. Keep up the great work. You\'re sounding terrific! Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Question for Aaron Sapp

Aaarrrggh.....no comment!

E-Mail: Aaron.Sapp@Lightspirestudios.com

Sorry, don\'t mean to sound grumpy there, it\'s just that this has become a small pet peeve of mine and I do feel that public forums should be kept public.

Ok, since you\'ve got me started....Aaron, what choir did you use? Sounded a bit like SOV.

What do you mean, midphase? Do you mean no posts directed at single users?

If that\'s the case, a \"public forum\" simply means it\'s open for the *public* to use however they and/or the forum operators see fit. As ar as I know (though I\'m not well-versed in NorthernSound\'s TOS), nothing says it has to be one giant round table devoid of so-called \"private\" conversations in which one user asks a question of another.

And what if other board members were wondering the same question yet did not ask Aaron because they didn\'t not want to bother him? Now they have a wealth of knowledge they did not have just yesterday. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Of course I may have incorrectly read your stress as something it\'s not. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But I think I understand your point, yet simply have a differing opinion. It\'s all cool though.

And what if other board members were wondering the same question yet did not ask Aaron because they didn\'t not want to bother him? Now they have a wealth of knowledge they did not have just yesterday.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I know, I know! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But since there was already a topic on the subject, you will agree that keeping questions under the same topic reduces the overall clutter?

Hey Gary, thanks for the kind comments! Just about all the french horn parts you hear are SAM horns. There are two notes in the piece using Kirk Hunter Horns, and I added very lightly the Dan Dean solo french horn to add some bite. Without the Dan Dean horn, you probably couldn\'t tell a difference.

Making the arrangement with SAM horns was not easy, but making brass arrangements are usually not easy at all anyhow. The trumpets are SAM mixed in with a little bit of a live trumpet performance by yours truly.

You won\'t go wrong with SAM, trust me. It\'s great. Be sure to save some dough for the Tbones as well.

Thanks Aaron. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dear midphase..... sorry [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum