• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is GPO4 / Aria PLayer vst plugin 64bit on Mac?

Share/Bookmark

Is GPO4 / Aria PLayer vst plugin 64bit on Mac?

I've just recently moved form PC to Mac as my main studio DAW. I've got most of my main plugins installed that for the most part are 64bit compatible but there's no sign Aria player vst in my 64bit sequencers, only AU. Which doesn't have multi audio output in Studio one x64 or Reaper x64, but strangely does in the latest 64bit Beta of Ableton Live.

Is the mac vst fully 64bit compatible?

Re: Is GPO4 / Aria PLayer vst plugin 64bit on Mac?

Hello Ogami,

I have Studio One 2.5 running on a 2011 iMac with Mountain Lion and Aria shows up as a AU and VST in the Garritan folder under instruments. There is also a Aria VST Multi in Studio One which has some extra routing capabilities.

I'm sure the VST is the same as the AU plug-in. Both are 64-bit like the Aria player is.

Have you upgraded to Studio One version 2.5 which is a free upgrade from Studio One version 2. But it should show up in version 2.

You might have a conflict going on. Are you just running Studio One by itself and no other DAW at the same time?

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your input. If I run Studio One in 32bit mode as it is initially set right after installation, Aria player vst, vst multi & AU all show up fine in the plugins browser. But I prefer to have my DAW run in 64bit (access to more RAM), which is done by right clicking the Studio One Application icon/get info & unticking "open in 32bit mode". Then after running in 64bit mode, Aria player is only available as an AU plugin, which doesn't support multi out in Studio One.

I don't have any other DAW running at the same time, & I'm using the latest 2.5. I'm going to try installing it again fo

Quote Originally Posted by Ogami View Post
    Hi Phil

Thanks for your input. If I run Studio One in 32bit mode as it is initially set right after installation, Aria player vst, vst multi & AU all show up fine in the plugins browser. But I prefer to have my DAW run in 64bit (access to more RAM), which is done by right clicking the Studio One Application icon/get info & unticking "open in 32bit mode". Then after running in 64bit mode, Aria player is only available as an AU plugin, which doesn't support multi out in Studio One.

I don't have any other DAW running at the same time, & I'm using the latest 2.5. I'm going to try installing it again fo
    Studio One 2.5's default setting is 64-bit and that is how I use it.

I reset Studio One 2.5 to 32-bit for a test and the same Garritan Aria plug-ins were in the Garritan folder.

You might download Studio One 2.5 again and reinstall it.

You might want to get the latest version of Aria at Garritan>Support>Plogue if you don't already have it.

Phil

Well for some reason after installing Studio One 2.5 on my Mac it defaulted to playing in 32bit mode. Also Reaper x64 which has plugin bridging, only detects the vst, vst multi as 32bit plugins. And as I stated in my 1st post, the 64bit beta version of Ableton Live which like Studio doesn't have any kind of plugin bridging, only has access to the AU.

So this isn't just restricted to Studio One. At the minute I'm running Aria Player version 1.111 with Engine v1.622, which is the latest engine. I've also tried Aria Player v1.5, but not with the latest engine, I'll maybe try that version again with the latest engine. Another reason I asked here if the vst is 64bit, is because of whats stated in the Aria FAQ about 64-bit computing

Is my ARIA product compatible with 64-bit Computing ?

All ARIA products are 64-bit compatibles and takes full advantage of the new 64-bit Windows operating systems, processors and hardware that are now available.

The Garritan ARIA Player is also fully 32-bit compatible. At this writing, 64-bit computing is entering the marketplace; but 64-bit hosts,
    audio and MIDI drivers have not fully penetrated the market. To be true 64-bit the entire audio path must be 64-bit, including sampler, host, operating system, audio and MIDI hardware. As more hosts, operating systems and hardware become 64-bit enabled, any ARIA product will work with those 64-bit platforms. Please also consult the Garritan website for further information and updated recommendations.
    Full 64-bit compatibility with Mac OS X will be offered soon at no additional cost.
    Although this could be old info.

Thanks again for replying Phil.

...Another reason I asked here if the vst is 64bit, is because of whats stated in the Aria FAQ about 64-bit computing...
    The info you're quoting is pretty old, but I'm not sure where you'd find a more recent statement.

But I'm replying to the one thing I've pulled out above. - I'm on Windows, have no experience with AU, but you ask in the quote about the VST version of ARIA. There are separate .dll files for x86, and X64. On a Windows machine, as I'm sure you know, the 64 bit versions of anything go into "Program Files" while the 32 bit versions go in "Program Files (x86). I use Sonar, and the appropriate version of ARIA is called up depending on if I open the 32 bit Sonar, or the 64 bit Sonar. And for whichever bit version I open, there are two different versions of ARIA avaialable - the "multi" being the only one I'm interested in, since that has 16 separate audio outs, while the other one has just a single audio out.

My point is that it's not a single VST which is 64 bit - They are two different, separate units, 32 and 64.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The info you're quoting is pretty old, but I'm not sure where you'd find a more recent statement.

But I'm replying to the one thing I've pulled out above. - I'm on Windows, have no experience with AU, but you ask in the quote about the VST version of ARIA. There are separate .dll files for x86, and X64. On a Windows machine, as I'm sure you know, the 64 bit versions of anything go into "Program Files" while the 32 bit versions go in "Program Files (x86). I use Sonar, and the appropriate version of ARIA is called up depending on if I open the 32 bit Sonar, or the 64 bit Sonar. And for whichever bit version I open, there are two different versions of ARIA avaialable - the "multi" being the only one I'm interested in, since that has 16 separate audio outs, while the other one has just a single audio out.

My point is that it's not a single VST which is 64 bit - They are two different, separate units, 32 and 64.

Randy
    Hi Randy.

I am familiar with this as I've just moved from Windows to Mac, & had both 32 & 64-bit vsts working fine on Windows 7 x64. As for the way it works on mac, the vst plugins on mac double as both 32 & 64bit, there's no need to have a separate plugin. I have other instrument vsti's like Alchemy, Ace, Twin 2 & Z3ta 2 that show just fine in both 32 & 64-bit hosts. I'm just having the problem with Aria player.

...the way it works on mac, the vst plugins on mac double as both 32 & 64bit, there's no need to have a separate plugin...
    Hi - Ah, I've never used a Mac, so know much about them really. Always eager to pick up bits of info on things I don't know about though. One thing is that on Windows, one can use just one ARIA .dll file also, but then a bit bridging app has to step in if one's opening the 32 bit version in 64 bit Sonar, for instance. Not good practice, of course, since the two flavors are provided and the user should just use the right bit version of ARIA as per the program's bit. Very different on Mac apparently, so thanks for that.

Randy

I have jBridgeM (Mac) for using 32-bit plug-ins in Studio One 64-bit.

Metro 7 is my main DAW which is still 32-bit to support the older PPC Macs and the jBrideM plug-ins show up in Metro's plug-ins window as a group of PluginsBridgedFor64B(what ever) but are just duplicates of the 32-bit plugins already there.

I guess there is no way to control jBridge. It's all or nothing but it does it's thing well.

Phil

OK I've come up with a workaround.

I copied & pasted both vst/vst multi into the same plugins/vst folder adding an extra bit to the vst name to distinguish between the 2 (I added x64 to the end of the plugin name). Open Studio One & BINGO...there they are in the plugin browser

I know, kinda strange that I had to do that but it worked.

Go Back to forum