Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: yellow tools culture & majestic demo videos

Share/Bookmark

Re: yellow tools culture & majestic demo videos

zat waz zertainly fun to zee.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by tob:
    zat waz zertainly fun to zee.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!

Joking aside...features look great...but I wasn\'t impressed by the sound that much?

Alex

Culture has a really nice close mic\'ed sound, atleast in the few patches I heard at NAMM. It doesn\'t really come across in the video.

\"Arhhhh. Wee meet zagain dr. jonez!\" I think the vocals are the best sounding part of the library.

Jawohl! Chris.

Me too wasn´t much impressed by the audio, although this guy has good skills. He played rolls mostly with one key. It would´ve sounded better, if he played with different samples of the same stroke. Adds much more variety and human touch.
    And there must be some more variety in 9 GB !!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Now that\'s how you do a demo/tuturial video! Too many of them these days seem to be recorded at a show with as much noise as they could possibly get going on in the background. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by lex:
    Joking aside...features look great...but I wasn\'t impressed by the sound that much?

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The audio quality of \"Culture\" is as good as it gets.

It\'s extremely hard to convey this in a bandwidth reduced QT movie - and they did say next to the QT movie that the disc version is higher-quality.

Those that attended the NAMM demo raved about the \"performance\" possibilities and \"audio quality\" of Culture, and the other Yellow Tools upcoming libraries - Majestic (bass), Candy (Sax) and Heartbeat (drums).

For example, there are over 700 samples just for the snare drum! You can start in the middle of the keyboard (or preferably, drum pad), just like the drum itself, and work your way to the outer keys to get exactly the same variation you would on a real snare. The way they have organized everything using their custom audio engine and interface makes it very easy to reproduce the characteristics of real instruments (of course, these \"are\" all real instruments that have been meticulously recorded in great detail).

If you consider yourself a good performer, there is nothing close to this detail in any other library. 9 Gigs of incredible sounding instruments.

Originally posted by dougrogers:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by lex:

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The audio quality of \"Culture\" is as good as it gets.

It\'s extremely hard to convey this in a bandwidth reduced QT movie - and they did say next to the QT movie that the disc version is higher-quality.

Those that attended the NAMM demo raved about the \"performance\" possibilities and \"audio quality\" of Culture, and the other Yellow Tools upcoming libraries - Majestic (bass), Candy (Sax) and Heartbeat (drums).

For example, there are over 700 samples just for the snare drum! You can start in the middle of the keyboard (or preferably, drum pad), just like the drum itself, and work your way to the outer keys to get exactly the same variation you would on a real snare. The way they have organized everything using their custom audio engine and interface makes it very easy to reproduce the characteristics of real instruments (of course, these \"are\" all real instruments that have been meticulously recorded in great detail).

If you consider yourself a good performer, there is nothing close to this detail in any other library. 9 Gigs of incredible sounding instruments.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My aplogies Doug...I was very unclear..
    I didn\'t coment on the audio quality I know its a quicktime..
    Acctualy my comment was refering to Majestic demo...
    I was waiting to hear this one before deciding if I should take Trilogy, HC bass or Majestic...
    On the video Majestic sounds very very close to pure bass series...
    I\'ll wait for some audio demos, but unless Majestic audio demos don\'t blow me away my money will go to HC Bass..that sucker sounds amazing..

Alex

I have to agree that the demo video is really well done (and I\'ll guarantee his English is better than my German (or French, or Dutch, or... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

But so far, I like the Trilogy sound better (at least I liked the demos better, this also has some great basses, but I want acoustic bass also.)

What I REALLY want to hear is Candy-if they can do sax half as well as bass, my big band problems may be solved!

Dasher

Go Back to forum