Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Sam trumpet demos online!

Share/Bookmark

Sam trumpet demos online!

Demos by Maarten and Bill Brown (!)

Check them out folks:

www.projectsam.com

sooooo cool [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

And check out the listing of patches, very very nice!

Re: Sam trumpet demos online!

Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
    Look at the web site !!!

Mathieu Laprise
    Sonomax inc.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hehe,

Old news [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well,

I like the first demo made by Maarten I presume. The trumpets sound very nice and clean. I like what I hear of the articulations demonstrated thus far. It\'s the typical SAM method of having a small song without all of the orchestration getting in the way of the samples\' \"spotlight.\"

As for Bill\'s demo, I fail to see how this is a representation of the SAM library what-so-ever. You can\'t even hear the trumpets except for a \"peak through\" around 0:55 in the clip. It\'s so full of reverb I can\'t really tell if it\'s SAM, Advanced Orchestra, VSL, EWQLSO because it just sounds like a massive wall of sound (and no, I\'m not talking about the good wall as played by drum corps).

The first is nice, while I don\'t think the second belongs on the site at all. I don\'t care who the composer is, and wouldn\'t care if it was Bill Brown, Jeremy Soule, or Hans Zimmer. It doesn\'t represent the library at all and doesn\'t belong on the site. Sorry, but that\'s how I feel.

I look forward to more demos.

Originally posted by Russ:
    Well,

I like the first demo made by Maarten I presume. The trumpets sound very nice and clean. I like what I hear of the articulations demonstrated thus far. It\'s the typical SAM method of having a small song without all of the orchestration getting in the way of the samples\' \"spotlight.\"

As for Bill\'s demo, I fail to see how this is a representation of the SAM library what-so-ever. You can\'t even hear the trumpets except for a \"peak through\" around 0:55 in the clip. It\'s so full of reverb I can\'t really tell if it\'s SAM, Advanced Orchestra, VSL, EWQLSO because it just sounds like a massive wall of sound (and no, I\'m not talking about the good wall as played by drum corps).

The first is nice, while I don\'t think the second belongs on the site at all. I don\'t care who the composer is, and wouldn\'t care if it was Bill Brown, Jeremy Soule, or Hans Zimmer. It doesn\'t represent the library at all and doesn\'t belong on the site. Sorry, but that\'s how I feel.

I look forward to more demos.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can pretty much agree. The first demo wasn\'t half bad at all, but Bill Brown\'s....eh. Don\'t get me wrong, cause I love Bill Brown\'s work on the Tom Clancy games, especially Rogue Spear. Bill\'s demo was indeed just a \"wall of sound\", and had no direction whatsoever. I even heard samples being cut short in places. That is just careless (not that I\'m Mr. Perfect either). The trumpets never shined in the demo, and the whole piece swam in reverb. I didn\'t get any emotion at all listening. I still applaud Bill Brown for his past work, but I think he should revise his trumpet demo. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Jared

Sounds good on first listen..

Russ, maybe your mp3 is corupted or something, \'cause Bill Brown demo I\'m listening is all about trumpets.

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    Sounds good on first listen..

Russ, maybe your mp3 is corupted or something, \'cause Bill Brown demo I\'m listening is all about trumpets.

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just tried four downloads and it all sounds the same -- swampy reverb and a messy wall of sound. Sorry.

First demo is definetly Maarten. He likes to do this snare pattern thing (think he has a similar pattern in one of his vsl demos?)
    Second demo I expected to sound bad after reading the above posts so I\'m a little bit at a loss here. Yes there might be too much reverb on the tpts but it doesn\'t sound that bad. Mix could be tweaked and improved. Trumpets are definetely featured all over...
    Are you guys listening with small or fairly big speakers? Mac or PC?

In any case the trumpets sound very good.
    I didn\'t get the same jaw dropping feeling I got when I listened to the horns/trumpets demos in the past because:
    - I am getting used to excellence with the Sam libraries
    - Last time around there were at least 5 demos to listen to
    - This time it\'s a quick taste before releasing the whole thing

I\'m sure the final product will be great and it sounds like the use of horns, tbnes and tpts together will be very cohesive.

PS: there is a link for new Kontakt updates for the horns and tbnes but once I put the secret code in (fun) I get to a page that tells me the updates will be ready very soon. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Maarten quit teasing us, this is faulse advertising [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think both demos are awesome! The first puts SAM Trumpets in the spotlight while the other shows how it blends with the rest of the SAM brasses and it does really really well.

Congratulations again, Maarten, for coming up with another outstanding library. Consider one sold for me!

Nhick

Are you guys listening with small or fairly big speakers? Mac or PC?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My speakers are Dolby Digital Surround 4.1\'s, 300W output. I also have Sennheiser HD580 headphones, so I gaurantee it\'s not my speakers. I\'m not saying the trumpets are crap by any means. I\'m basically saying Bill\'s demo could\'ve been better.

I\'m still getting SAM Trumpets regardless. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Jared

\"Russ, maybe your mp3 is corupted or something, \'cause Bill Brown demo I\'m listening is all about trumpets.\"

Yeah, there are trumpets playing throughout the whole song! And I don\'t hear this \"wall of sound\". [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast