• Register
  • Help

Topic: i was in the same boat as everyone with lots of giga sounds....but i see the light...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up i was in the same boat as everyone with lots of giga sounds....but i see the light...

Its a vsti called samplelord......a vst sample player that reads gigs without converting them....when tascam killed gs.....as many of u with gigabytes of gigs and our only solution was kontact(converting) or gplayer......I didn't like gplayer that much....but samplelord loadsall of my gig libs with no prob....it has disc streaming options preloading and runs great on my 64 bit win 7 laptop....I was hitting like 400 voices no prob....check it out....my gigs are back and I'm loving it......I used to have a seperate giga comp like everone else....now in nuendo 4 I load all the sounds and play them in normal mode.....then freeze the vsti in hq mode...no more giga machine..........just google samplelord and try it ..there is a demo...great plugin...soon it will even open reason files........good stuff
    st engine and very low CPU usage thanx to code optimizations. 8, 16, 24, 32-bit, 32-bit float, 64-bit sample support at any samplerate on the fly. Supports Dimensions, Keyswitching, Cycle Ribbon, Cycle Random, Crossfading, Controller Switching, Controller's crossfading. Several quality options.

Multiprocessing

Allows you to get maximum power of your hardware, thanx to using multiple core or multiple CPU on board.

Dynamic Disk Streaming

Special Disk Streaming to load samples directly from disk, optionally even without sample preload.

Fast and Direct Access to Formats

Can load GIG, SF2, FXP, NKI, EXB, WAV, AIFF files, plus own Native Format and play these directly from disk. No (re)conversion and (re)saving is done to hard disk during file loading, files are loaded directly into RAM memory. Other formats can be accessed using our Extreme Sample Converter software sold separately or in a bundle with SampleLord.

VSTi Plug-in and Standalone

Works under any WIndows host that supports VSTi plug-ins. Runs as a standalone application under Windows Operating systems.

16 MultiTrack Midi & Audio

16 MIDI inputs freely configurable with custom routing to loaded instruments. 16 stereo audio outputs with full control over all multi parts and audio output routing.

Built-in Browser

Easy-to-use Browser gives you access to your sounds on any hard disk. The Browser has options to filter file types and selected formats. Supports Drag and Drop functions inside.

Virtual Keyboard

Virtual keyboard panel to play and preview loaded instruments.

Low Memory usage

All instances share the same program resources. Each instance adds 2048 voices resulting in nearly unlimited polyphony.

Sound Edit

Allows quick editing and control of sound parameters in real-time: filter, envelopes, lfo, pitch, tune, pitch-bend even x-fade for the looped samples.

Load, Save and Bundle

Save, Load options for Instruments and Multi-Patches. Bundle option allows you to backup a Multi-Patch with all its instrument presets and used samples. All parameters can be saved to a custom project file.

Quick start

Starts up very quickly and ready to work in less then one second.

Color Themes

Allows you to select and create your own favorite color theme.

Simple and Logical user interface

Just load SampleLord and start playing music.

Innovative Native Format

Uses special Native Format, which features extremely fast load and save times of audio samples.

General MIDI

Full General MIDI implementation. Smooth parameter's automation via MIDI.

http://www.samplelord.com/index.php?page=samplelord

Re: i was in the same boat as everyone with lots of giga sounds....but i see the ligh

Gplayer works great for me. What problems did you have when you say you didn't like it much. It's been very stable in my evaluations.

Re: i was in the same boat as everyone with lots of giga sounds....but i see the ligh

It didn't have the features of sl...and it didn't sound very good

Multi processing is awesome, its so quick and easy to use!

Quote Originally Posted by stanletmontena View Post
    Multi processing is awesome, its so quick and easy to use!
    Gplayer is fine for until i want to render midi tracks to audio - the audio mixdown is stopped after a while and then plays again and stop and so on ...I have written to soundlib support several times but with no answer at all !
    Radim

Go Back to forum