• Register
  • Help

Topic: Synclavier World & Orchestral Percussion

Share/Bookmark

Synclavier World & Orchestral Percussion

Anybody got any thoughts or experience on this libary? It looks really good and reasonably priced. And it includes celeste which I need. Can\'t find demo tho - there\'s not even one on the Ilio site!

Re: Synclavier World & Orchestral Percussion

I have this disk and it\'s a great value, in fact, it\'s highly under rated. The timpani on it are quite excellent. It\'s Akai format allows you to bring it into Giga and other systems.

The celeste is a bit of a disappointment, but everything else is pretty good. We have it at Truespec with free 2nd day air shipping in the US (vs. giving a discount only to lose it to shipping).

You can find it here:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/ilio/index.shtml

The old Kurzweil celeste is quite good, if you have one of those instruments.

And Michiel Post\'s Orchestral Instruments Collection has one. Haven\'t actually used it yet, but in a quick lisgten, it sojunded pretty good. And thde price is very reasonable-even cheap...

Dasher

Originally posted by peter269:
    I have this disk and it\'s a great value, in fact, it\'s highly under rated. The timpani on it are quite excellent. It\'s Akai format allows you to bring it into Giga and other systems.

The celeste is a bit of a disappointment, but everything else is pretty good. We have it at Truespec with free 2nd day air shipping in the US (vs. giving a discount only to lose it to shipping).

You can find it here:
    http://www.truespec.com/store/samplelibraries/ilio/index.shtml
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You think the celeste is a disappointment? I think it has a beautiful sound! The same with the glock. *shrugs*.

Ed

Originally posted by Ed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You think the celeste is a disappointment? I think it has a beautiful sound! The same with the glock. *shrugs*. Ed [/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Try doing the Nutcracker with it. Or parts of Mother Goose suite. Compare to CD. That\'s where you\'ll hear some of the weaknesses. The Celeste on XSample Vol 8 is much stronger.

Originally posted by peter269:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Ed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You think the celeste is a disappointment? I think it has a beautiful sound! The same with the glock. *shrugs*. Ed </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Try doing the Nutcracker with it. Or parts of Mother Goose suite. Compare to CD. That\'s where you\'ll hear some of the weaknesses. The Celeste on XSample Vol 8 is much stronger. [/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah i see what you mean. Its great for \"pop\" stuff, if you can call it that though (imo)

Ed

Go Back to forum