• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Now Available - Expanded WESTGATE WOODWINDS

Share/Bookmark

Now Available - Expanded WESTGATE WOODWINDS

Building on the strengths of the original library, we are pleased to bring you the Westgate Studios Woodwind Collection: Expanded Edition for Gigastudio. A 2 disc set for the low price of just $199(US). This edition includes everything from the original library plus over a gigabyte of new samples giving you the most affordable complete orchestral woodwind solution available. For details on the instruments and articulations included, check out our website and take a listen to the demos.

Woodwind Collection

The original Woodwind Collection is still available as well for just $99(US) for those with less demanding woodwind needs. The website gives a side by side comparison of what is available in each library.

If you get the original library now, you can upgrade later for the difference in price: $100(US). And as always, shipping is free on all products.

(Customers who purchased the library before Oct. 7 still receive a discounted upgrade price.)

Thanks to everyone here at Northernsounds for your suggestions on the Expanded Edition. I think you will all be very happy with the result.

Re: Now Available - Expanded WESTGATE WOODWINDS

I like to thanks Tim for the great new upgrade and also for going the extra mile and promptly replacing a corrupt file that I couldn\'t open. Very good service for a very good product.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Jamie

Originally posted by Jamie Haggerty:
    I like to thanks Tim for the great new upgrade and also for going the extra mile and promptly replacing a corrupt file that I couldn\'t open. Very good service for a very good product.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Jamie
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can\'t speak to the new library yet, but the quality of the original is great. And Jamie couldn\'t be more right about the service!

The Post Office hosed up my first edition package, which ended up getting run over several times before I received it. Firstly, it was packaged so well only 1 file was unreadable. Secondly, a replacement file was posted within an hour or two of e-mailing Tim.

If in doubt, order the first edition. I\'m sure you\'ll be back for the second part. I will be. Great set for the money, definitely. And you can\'t find a nicer businessman!

Regards,
    --Leo

Thanks guys. I appreciate the nice comments.

I love the first edition--I am using it extensively now for several projects. I will order the upgrade in the near future. =)

I have ordered my copy the other day. I will be getting the expanded editon. It sounds very promising.

Here\'s a complete list of what\'s included in the Expanded Edition.

PICCOLO - Sustains with and without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Short Runs (Major, Minor, Chromatic), Short Falls (Chromatic)

FLUTE - Sustains with and without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Flutter-tongue, Fortepiano Cresceno, Short Runs (Major, Minor, Chromatic)

OBOE - Sustains with Vibrato (2 versions), Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Fortepiano Crescendo

ENGLISH HORN - Sustains with Vibrato (2 versions), Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Fortepiano Crescendo

Eb CLARINET - Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Whole and Half step Trills

Bb CLARINET - Sustains with and without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Fortepiano Cresceno, Multiphonic Effects

BASS CLARINET - Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Flutter-tongue, Fortepiano Cresceno, Multiphonic Effects

BASSOON - Sustains with Vibrato (2 versions), Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Marcato, Portato, Whole and Half step Trills, Fortepiano Crescendo

CONTRABASSOON - Sustains without Vibrato, Staccato, Portato

PENNY WHISTLE - Sustains with Vibrato, Whole and Half step Trills, Grace notes, Inverted Mordents, Pitch bends up and down to the destination note

RECORDERS - Sustains with Vibrato for Sopranino, 2 differents Sopranos, Alto and Tin Whistle

Wow, you\'ve been busy. Maybe you could send me the .art files and I can take a look at them and offer them as downloads from my site.

Ok, I\'ll do that, still need to do the low instruments, so in a few days. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s not that much, it was to have them work with my template system, but maybe it\'s useful for others as well.

Peter,

How do you like the contrabassoon? I\'m really looking forward to receiving it.

I find that the bassoon in the basic collection has a bit too much air, but it\'s easy to EQ to taste. In fact, it\'s probably perfect with the extra air. If it weren\'t in the sample, no one would be able to EQ it back in :-)

Go Back to forum