• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions for my new composition?

Share/Bookmark

Opinions for my new composition?

Hello! This is my newest piece, but it is very short. I would appreciate it if I could get some opinions on this because I may or may not make it longer. I\'m not sure if I want to continue with it. http://www.angelfire.com/film/odd/ATimeOfDepravation.mp3

Thank you!

Re: Opinions for my new composition?

I like the melody played via the strings. Has a hint of \"Last of the Mohicans\"

Just needs the BIG drums [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I would say, build on it. Make it \"Doyle Donehoo\" huge [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wow, that was fast! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks! Actually, believe it or not, I\'ve never heard the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. Maybe I\'ll give it a listen, I\'ve heard it\'s good.

I guess I\'ll add on to it. I\'m not sure if I want to make it that huge, though. Perhaps when I get my keyboard in the scene again, I will. I\'ve got around 3 1/2 hours into it so far and it\'s getting tedious. Right now I want to throw the song out of the window! AAAH! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Not bad. What samples are these? They sound pretty good. A little too much reverb for my taste. This is a good filmic kind of scene sounding piece, but to me there\'s no real direction. The melody just meanders for my taste, but that may be your intention for whatever context this piece might be in. All in all pretty good start.

Very Interesting.., and Diferent you´ve got your own Style and that´s crucial for me, and yes i think it could continiu more if you fell it.
    Keep On. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Actually, most of my samples are free soundfonts found on the internet. I found a sample cd on ebay full of orchestral wavs, so I made soundfonts out of them, and they sound really good. Some of the strings you hear in this song came from this cd.

greatzed, you have some nice ideas which you don\'t explore much. I would like see more variations and some directions in the harmony progression. It\'s often useful to draw up a map of the route you want to go. It can be as simple as this: I (C-major key) -> V (G-major key) -> iV (F-major key) -> I (C-major key)

Of course you do modulation where \"->\" are, so when you have done that you have something to aim for. It\'s also a great tool to see quickly if you might want to reuse some idea somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Nice work! The string patches that you used are really good. However, the gong is a bit too timid for my taste.

Nhick

Thank you, guys, very much! I\'ve decided to finish this when the time is right, most likely when I get my keyboard set up again.

Thanks again!

Go Back to forum