• Register
  • Help

Topic: New drum virtual instrument BFD from fxpansion

Share/Bookmark

New drum virtual instrument BFD from fxpansion

BFD

Competition with DFH II (drum kit from hell 2) although DFH 2 is much larger in size and I\'m quiet sure in sound as well - based on DFH 1\'s sound.

Re: New drum virtual instrument BFD from fxpansion

Originally posted by Chaim Goldman:
    BFD

Competition with DFH II (drum kit from hell 2) although DFH 2 is much larger in size and I\'m quiet sure in sound as well - based on DFH 1\'s sound.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t get this whole DFH phenomenon. I\'m totally unimpressed by the demos.

Re: New drum virtual instrument BFD from fxpansion

As a DFH user, I just find the sounds really usable and playable. While somewhat limited in sound leaning towards heavy rock, they really mix well and can sound great. Also, like I said, they are very \"playable\" with drumpads as there are numerous hit variations and velocities to cycle through, completely removing any machine-gun effects.

My initial impression with BFD is not that great. The demos are kinda boring, and the set layout is completely locked. As far as I can tell, you\'re stuck with their exact setup, a snr, 3 toms, 3 cymbals, etc. Completely useless to me. As a Neil Peart fan, I need more toms, more cymbals, etc. If I\'m wrong and the set can be bigger, then I might consider it. This is a virtual set, why would anyone want to be limited in how many drums they can have? That\'s the whole point of sampling and virtual drumsets. More options.

Just my 2 cents.

Go Back to forum