• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's the diff between the "M-ONE" and "M-ONE-XL"??

Share/Bookmark

What\'s the diff between the "M-ONE" and "M-ONE-XL"??

Any major differences? Just looking for one more cheapo outboard verb.....

Thanks

Re: What\'s the diff between the "M-ONE" and "M-ONE-XL"??

BTW... I\'d like to take a moment to thank Scott C. for posting about the UC-33. Just picked one up the
    other day, it\'s pretty cool! Don\'t know if I woulda\' come across it otherwise.... so thanks (if you happen to
    read this)

(yep King I went to G.C. the day after I told you that I would never again step foot in one again... I broke
    my year long record. Hey I wanted it NOW!) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, I just saw my name mentioned... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You\'re welcome Kid. They\'re a cool toy to have. I\'ve heard you can even chain a few of them together...

It\'s slightly improved (better rooms, or so) and has a bit more functions, I think. What I do know is that my M-One produces a hum which I and I alone seem to hear. After been examined by indoor technicians, the shop send it to T.C. Electronics\' homeland in Denmark. I had to pay a rather expensive bill for their final verdict, which was: \"No hum!!! Nothing wrong with it!\" Shop owner\'s response: \"Well Alex, you know, a little humming is quite normal.\" So now it\'s me that\'s hearing things, right? The funny thing is that the hum started when the warranty was expired and now it\'s just sitting there, crowding my outboard FX rack. While this is probably a rare and unique, one in a million, freak coincidence, I completely lost my interest in their products.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    It\'s slightly improved (better rooms, or so) and has a bit more functions, I think. What I do know is that my M-One produces a hum which I and I alone seem to hear. After been examined by indoor technicians, the shop send it to T.C. Electronics\' homeland in Denmark. I had to pay a rather expensive bill for their final verdict, which was: \"No hum!!! Nothing wrong with it!\" Shop owner\'s response: \"Well Alex, you know, a little humming is quite normal.\" So now it\'s me that\'s hearing things, right? The funny thing is that the hum started when the warranty was expired and now it\'s just sitting there, crowding my outboard FX rack. While this is probably a rare and unique, one in a million, freak coincidence, I completely lost my interest in their products.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You might want to check your cabling and general signal flow. You might have some earth loop or other anomaly that the M-one is sensitive too.

I think the \"XL\" is for portly people...it\'s got bigger knobs for chubby fingers and it has a built in scratch and sniff pad that smells like chocolate covered pizza. A must have in any serious studio...
    -Hudson

Originally posted by kid-surf:
    Any major differences?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Scott, thanks for the info. Although, not to sure I\'m gonna need that feature anytime soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It\'s nice to
    know though.

Alex... I\'ll solo my M-one tomorrow to see if I hear anything. Sorry to hear they gave you a hard time.

Hudson- Great, but I\'ve heard the XXL is even phat-er.....

Go Back to forum