• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to improve overall sound using older orchestral libraries.

Share/Bookmark

How to improve overall sound using older orchestral libraries.

Hello,

this is my orchestral piece,but I am not satisfied with its final sound. Can you advise me how to achieve to sounds more like T. Bergersen, N. Phoenix or S.Raven have without buying expensive libraries? (reverb presets, equalizers...) I use Ultimate strings SAM horns and cakewalk fx reverb.

My reverb settings are: violins, violas, cellos, basses - large room, sam horns far - large room, but little bit less. Is it accurately, or not?

http://vladohudec.szm.sk/memories.mp3

Thank you for answers.
    Vlado

Re: How to improve overall sound using older orchestral libraries.

The piece sounds very beautiful to me. It doesn\'t need to be changed.

Hey Vlado,
    Ahh yes, to sound like the boys. Everyones struggle. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] For starters , you said it yourself- they all have some cutting edge libs. (which is not to, in anyway, take away the other god-given thing they have... talent) But to be honest, your piece sounds quite good. I would just keep plugging away. I think you are certainly on the right track. And when money allows... upgrade.

christianb

Vlado, ten odkaz vubec nefunguje, co je s tim? Skace to na atlas.sk.

You need some vibrato in those passages there but unfortunately that\'s not of the strenghs of that library (Ultimate Strings). Its highlights are the nice hard arco and marcato samples, specially on the cellos and basses. The violas (like in your piece) are also very nice.

Of all of the older libraries it is very hard to beat the expressive samples on the miroslav strings set.

I would fool around more with expression envelopes, specially on attacks. The sustains in Ultimate Strings are very mechnical in nature, it\'s the way they were edited because it\'s bloody hard for any human player to play like that.

BTW, very nice piece. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot for your comments. If anyone have problems download it, it\'s on new site now. So it supose to be OK now.

http://vladohudec.szm.sk/memories.mp3

PetN > Na atlase som to mal len par hodin a uz to blbne [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Prehodil som to na szm.sk takze uz by to malo chodit.

Go Back to forum