• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: G-town...anybody there???

Share/Bookmark

G-town...anybody there???

The G-town website is inactive or down!!!
    Is Tobias hitting the timpani with 16
    velocity switches at last??? Is the darbuka
    in gig. format finally realised??? Please G-town,
    make my day.I need it.

Re: G-town...anybody there???

Originally posted by falcon1:
    tob,

thanks for the organ which I use in piece posted under thread named \"Hymn satz...\"

Do you intend to record some of the softer voices of this organ?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">ah, listened to it now, nice! But you could need a softer organ too.. hmm, the only problem is time.. I\'ve got access to that church anytime but I\'m in so many other projects right now so I have to let the G-Town project rest until I\'ve finished some of the stuff here..

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Amen.

There\'s something pathetic about all these leeches who ask you to do this free sample library and that one: \"Hey, I just downloaded all your GIGs, but could you just record and program one of *these* for me?? I REALLY need it, but I can\'t be troubled to make it myself or otherwise pay for it.\"

I sure hope you\'ve benefited from this in some real way...

Hi Tobias, I already downloaded the Toms 2 GIG gfile, is there any need to download Toms 1? Or is Toms 2 an improvment and enhancement over the first?

The same with Anvils 2 and Dual snares 2, do they offer anything over the version 1 counterparts? I only ask because my download limit is fairly small.

Thanks for making such great samples available.

Cheers, Scott.

Alex,

www.projectsam.com

has a free Timp thats downloadable.

Thanks King, I\'ve got that one too.But it\'s the
    G-town sound that\'s turning me on.I will use them
    on my next CD and then I will pay Tob some money,promise!!!
    G-town rules.Play his snare live on the keyboard and compare it with any other snare(Old or new library.)G-town wins every time.

hehehe.. site was temporary down.. should be up now

I\'ve been so busy lately and haven\'t spent a second on the G-Town stuff. But hopefully I will have some time to make more patches later on.

/Tobias

tob,

thanks for the organ which I use in piece posted under thread named \"Hymn satz...\"

Do you intend to record some of the softer voices of this organ?

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hi Tobias, I already downloaded the Toms 2 GIG gfile, is there any need to download Toms 1? Or is Toms 2 an improvment and enhancement over the first?

The same with Anvils 2 and Dual snares 2, do they offer anything over the version 1 counterparts? I only ask because my download limit is fairly small.

Thanks for making such great samples available.

Cheers, Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">All patches are different recording sessions.. but, the first I did was with pretty bad equipment and I probably learned something when I did Toms 1 and made Toms 2 better. So imo:

01. Toms 2 is better than Toms 1.
    02. Dual Snares is better than the old ones
    03. Dual snare 1 and 2 should be used together since its 2 different snares recorded with natural panning.
    04. Anvil 1 sounds better than 2 (the second time I used a car brake that didnt sound good)

Hope that can help you to save your bandwidth.. or maybe not, hehe.

/Tobias

Thanks Tobias. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scott.

Go Back to forum