• Register
  • Help

Topic: A good Stage Piano or Bright Piano Library?

Share/Bookmark

A good Stage Piano or Bright Piano Library?

Well Bosendorfer, GigaPiano and Bosendorfer 290 are pretty good Grand Pianos but what about a brighter piano, which one do you recommend me?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: A good Stage Piano or Bright Piano Library?

Originally posted by enb141:
    Well Bosendorfer, GigaPiano and Bosendorfer 290 are pretty good Grand Pianos but what about a brighter piano, which one do you recommend me?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are you saying that you\'ve used the Bardstown Bosendorfer, and that one isn\'t bright enough for you? It\'s pretty bright on stage, in my experience, and I\'ve used it for that. In fact, sometimes I use the mod-wheel filter version to dial it into the rest of the ensemble onstage becasue it can cut a little TOO much against some settings in its fully unfiltered form.

I only heard a prerelease of this piano, and not the final, but Worra\'s Malmsjo library is fairly punchy and bright (radically different than Hans Adamsons, which is quite sustained and darker).

I\'m so sorry, I only listened Bosendorfer 270 From East West not the new one Bardstown Bosendorfer that should be Awesome as you said, so thanks. I\'ll listen the demos and I\'ll let you know if is that one what I\'m looking for

Hi

The latest range of Yamaha CLP digital pianos and stage pianos use an exceptionally bright (and rather nice in my opinion) sample. They\'re worth checking out in your local music store before you think about a gigasample and will save you lugging around a PC to gigs.

Steve

Actually I got an Kurzweil SP88X and those Pianos Sounds (believe it or not) sounds really awesome so I was thinking to use it if I don\'t find a good Stage Piano Sample

The piano Bruce talks about is the Studio Grand 88.
    This grand piano has been recorded and designed to give you a brighter tone. It\'s also the piano on the market today that has most velocity splits to give you as natural playing and velocity transitions as possible. 12 different velocity levels where recorded, both pedal up and down. From those samples, we chosed individual samples that gave as smooth playing as possible. The SG88 has 8 velocities pedal up and 8 pedal down.
    There are release samples recorded, and if (or when) Gigastudio can handle more dimensions, these will be provided as a free update to all SG88 users.
    You can listen to some mp3 demos here:
    Demo 1
    Demo 2
    Demo 3
    You can also D/L the complete helpfile in pdf formathere.

The SG88 not only has a great tone, it also has a nice pricetag! It\'s just $95 (and please don\'t get fooled by the low price...)
    You can get it fro our online store at Bigga Giggas

Please also check out our other piano, The Rain Piano, it\'s a upright piano with a truly unique sound.
    It also has a nice price, $95, AND you can get both pianos as a bundle for just $175

Worras studio 88 is my current pick.

Until he samples a killer yamaha!!!!!! Please!

With a dose of eq its really quite good.
    Not like the other more ambient libraries I own.
    Highly reccomended

Ditto on the Studio Grand 88. It\'s a very nice bright piano.

/Mattias

Ed, enb141, I think Vintaudio\'s got exactly what both of you are looking for, look at the new Vintaudio Ultimate Yamaha Grand Piano Library thread I\'m gonna post in a few seconds for demos and info [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly,
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

Hi guys sorry I wasn\'t here but yesterday I listened all your recommendations and \"Worra\" your Studio Grand 88 and Rain Piano are good,\"Bruce A. Richardson\" Bardstown Bosendorfer is a very good piano too, \"Franky\" wow that piano it\'s awesome so thanks guys now I know about 4 great Bright Pianos.

Go Back to forum