• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Heads Up !!! NEW !!!!!: Garritan Personal Orchestra

Share/Bookmark
    andyt

Heads Up !!! NEW !!!!!: Garritan Personal Orchestra

Is this new or old ? I can\'t remember hearing about it before.

I recieved a new (& first?) catalogue for Time + Space (UK sample distributors) today. In there is an advert for the \"Garritan Personal Orchestra\".

It includes \"a complete symphony orchestra: strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion - wurlitzers, harps, pipeorgnans, harpsicords ... lets you create ensembles of any size from solo instruments ... performance tools ... no disk streaming required\"

Comes with a bundled Kompakt ... all for £156.00

I\'ll type up the full copy, if people want me to.

andyt

Re: Heads Up !!! NEW !!!!!: Garritan Personal Orchestra

If its new, and up to Gary\'s standards ... at £156, this could change everything an dput a serious dent in VSL and EWQLSO business plans.

Is it new ? Or have I have been aspleep ? Can\'t believe I haven\'t heard of it.

I remember some talk of Gary doing something with Physical Modelling for his next trick ... but a complete orchestra ?

The only reference I can find to it on the web is that is a required music bundle for students studying film composition at Berklee this year.

andyt

Curiously, I also got that catalogue this morning and sure enough here it is on p28. Not a dickie bird on the Timespace website about this new library though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It does say \"brand new collection of orchestral samples\" though... Of course, not being disk-streaming, it probably won\'t be as detailed as Gary\'s other offerings.

It really sounds intriguing. We\'ll have to see if anyone else has any more information.

Rudi

Garritan Personal Orchestra: Berklee Edition

Designed specifically for Berklee students, faculty, and curriculum and only available as part the bundles for Berklee\'s tech-heavy majors, Gary Garritan has created the Garritan Personal Orchestra: Berklee Edition (GPO). The special GPO: Berklee Edition is a complete orchestral sample library that contains instruments representing all families of orchestral instruments: strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion. The library also contains a sampled Steinway Concert Grand Piano and a concert pipe organ. Sections and solo instruments are included in the GPO, all programmed in Kontakt to be highly expressive and playable through the use of MIDI controllers. Performance controls include expression, legato, attack, portamento, as well as others. Multiple individual solo instruments make it possible to create ensembles one instrument at a time.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

I also got the same T+S catalog, and also wondered what the Personal Orch was. Maybe Gary can tell us?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ed

Whilst we\'re on the subject of speculation the latest (November!) edition of the Computer Music magazine has an advert for its sister magazine \'Future Music\'. To entice you to buy it they list the features and reviews of the forthcoming issue to be published on October 3rd. Intriguingly they say that there will be a review of Tascam\'s GigaCube. It could be VSL\'s Orchestral Cube but I don\'t think so.

Reading between various lines it wouldn\'t surprise me if GS v3, or should I say GigaCube, will be released in October. Does the \'cube\' refer to a 3 sided programme of say sampler, sequencer and effects or synthesiser?

Perhaps I\'m just barking up the wrong tree, putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?

Isn\'t speculation fun [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hmm! I did notice that Gary changed the name of his forum awhile back.

andyt

If in fact no-one has heard about it yet, then I\'m wondering whether there hasn\'t been a mistake . Perhaps Time + Space were not meant to release details of it yet .... there are no details of it on Gary\'s site ... and he hasn\'t commented on it here.

Re-reading the speal, it says the orchestra is meant to be loaded into RAM, on a single PC. \"Personal Orchestra offers sounds and features not avilable in orchestral libraries costing over 12 times as much.\"

The catalogue also has a picture of forthcoming SAM trumpets CD cover (ooohh big deal), whilst the Project SAM web hasn\'t revealed the cover yet.

Originally posted by andyt:

Re-reading the speal, it says the orchestra is meant to be loaded into RAM, on a single PC. \"Personal Orchestra offers sounds and features not avilable in orchestral libraries costing over 12 times as much.\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yea but lots of advertisers say stuff like that. I mean the demo for Denny Yaeger Strings STILL says stuff like \"the most realistic string samples ever created\" Something like that anyway. --- So I think you should take comments like that with a grain of salt.

Ed

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast