• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vintaudio Yamaha Installation poll input needed thx :)

Share/Bookmark

Vintaudio Yamaha Installation poll input needed thx :)

Hi guys, well I\'d managed to get the library down to 4 cds if you can beleive that, but some cd readers don\'t like this method, very weird some computers work and some don\'t, we have 2 computers in the office here, one installs the library fine and the other one blocks after cd 1, same behavior at other computers tested.....

My question is this : Would you rather have only 4 cds but you would have to copy all files from the 4 cds to a directory on your hard drive and install the library from the hard drive (and then delete these installation files), this requiring 11 gigs of free space on your hard drive, or would you rather have 6 cds from which you need to run a install program for each cd and not have to copy the files to hard drive and then install?

My second question is this, would you consider having to go through installation routine number 1 (copying to hard drive and installing) a pain in the rear, or would you consider this acceptable and easyer than going through 6 cds with 6 installs and almost normal since we\'re talking of a 8 Gig library that\'s been reduced to only 4 cds ?

Thx for the input, you know as I\'m writing this it strikes me that first off, 4 cds is more economical to Vintaudio and in the end to the end user and that if it is clearly stated that the method of install for this library is to copy all 4 files from the 4 cds to a directory on the hard drive and installing from the hard drive that it\'s not that complicated or less of a pain than having 6 installs on 6 cds, am I wrong ?

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: Vintaudio Yamaha Installation poll input needed thx :)

The 4-CD approach is fine with me. Does this mean that the library you shipped to me yesterday can be installed in this way if the standard procedure doesn\'t work on my machine?
    jim

Yup, your library will install fine using this method.

That\'s the whole point, if it\'s not perceived as being too much trouble by costumers like yourself, I won\'t change the whole cd lay out, we\'ll just advise costumers to always install using the copy to one folder on hard drive method. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.

The 4 CD method actually sounds like it\'ll be quicker and easier.

I personally wouldn\'t mind the 4 CD method, but to be honest I would say, dont underestimate the computer illiterate. Anything that is not simple and consistant, immediately becomes a problem to these people.

You\'re right King, that\'s why I\'m wondering if the copy all files to one folder on HD and install from HD is not even easyer than having 6 installs from 6 cds ?

Franky,
    Vintaudio Prod.

How does this read for a moderatly illiterate computer user? Seems reasonable to me, what do you think ?

Installation :

on CD #1 there\'s a file named : Vint Yam Giga.Part01.exe
    on CD #2 there\'s a file named : Vint Yam Giga.Part02.rar
    on CD #3 there\'s a file named : Vint Yam Giga.Part03.rar
    on CD #4 there\'s a file named : Vint Yam Giga.Part04.rar

You need to take these 4 files and copy them to a folder on your Hard Drive, once you\'ve copied these 4 files in the same folder on your hard drive,
    just run the installer \"Vint Yam Giga.Part01.exe\" from within the folder and choose the destination directory for the library asked by the installer. Once you\'re done installing the library, you can delete the 4 installation files and the installation folder you used.

Franky,

I\'d prefer the 4 CD method.

I don\'t want to first have to copy files to the hard drive.

Also, it should be possible to only install the pianos you want. For example, I may only want to use the Ambient Perspective, so I shouldn\'t have to install the others. Not everyone has limitless amounts of hard drive space free!

Lawrence

Interesting perspective, I\'ll keep that in mind.
    I kind of agree with you too in a way, will keep thinking it through but after sleeping on it I think you\'re right, I guess it\'ll be 6 cds after all.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.

Go Back to forum