• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why Gigastudio for new user with no sample libraries yet?

Share/Bookmark

Why Gigastudio for new user with no sample libraries yet?

Hi,

If new user to computer-based music with no sample libaries yet, it would be helpful to understand why one would invest in Gigastudio (and samples) are preferred over Kontakt or Halion? Compositions are heavy orchestral.

Maybe some samples will exclusively always stay Giga, with conversion to other formats never as solid as the original format written? I think Giga is also a 16bit verses 22 bit, and wondering if this has any advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks,

Re: Why Gigastudio for new user with no sample libraries yet?

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply. I \"thought\" I had a game plan...which was build all bread and butter libaries based on GS, then a few sample library distributors asked me why I\'m choosing GS instead of Konkatk or Halion. I just bought GS160 and a GS dedicated DAW, so even though I don\'t have an unlimited budget, guess GS is in my future now. I can understand your statement about adding a GS machine to the mix no matter what. I still remember this great little horn on my first plastic yamaha (retail 250.00 at best buy) I haven\'t heard that horn equaled yet, and til the end of time, each libary/sound sampler/, regardless of platform/origin will have its unique stars.

I think you are brave to even try to reason this -especially this particular issue. Regarding the libararies I plan - probably SI, OA, Sam Horns, and of course, a really great piano, as everything I write usually starts with Piano on track one.

May I ask what CP means? May I also ask you to direct me to a link (or explain here) what bundled playback libararies are?

Thanks,

CP = Copy Protection

Bundled libraries are sample libraries that include the software needed to play them. For example, you buy a string sample, and it also comes with a custom-made sampler that you use as a plugin in your sequencer that you use to play the samples.

How\'s the Giga PC working Joanne, did you get it yet?

Hi Vertigo,

Thanks for the definitions and asking about my progress. Everthing will be delivered next week - primary DAW to run Cubase and a separate dedicated GS DAW. I\'m hopeful machine three will be designed/assembled by me. I could have cut my costs by 2/3, and the site you refered me to that steps through the configuration/build of a DAW was excellent. Someday they will be able to banner that \"even a girlcomposer\" assembled a DAW with our instructions! I think that would be a great marketing ploy.

Are there any playback bundeled samples libraries presently available? Any names I might be familiar with?

Thanks,

Go Back to forum