• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for a good Brass library

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a good Brass library

Hi !

I\'m looking for a good orchestral brass library. I\'m looking for the big, realistic sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Is there anything out there that would be to the brass what \"Garritan\" is to the strings ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I heard some pretty good brass samples in some compositions so I bet that must exist somewhere. I\'m just not aware enough [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Preferably in .GIG or .KI format please.
    Thanks !

Cheers,
    Nino

Re: Looking for a good Brass library

Originally posted by Nino Mojo:
    Hi !

I\'m looking for a good orchestral brass library. I\'m looking for the big, realistic sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Is there anything out there that would be to the brass what \"Garritan\" is to the strings ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I heard some pretty good brass samples in some compositions so I bet that must exist somewhere. I\'m just not aware enough [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks !

Cheers,
    Nino
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">http://www.projectsam.com

the only link you\'ll need.

Originally posted by Nino Mojo:
    Hi !

Thanks !

Cheers,
    Nino
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Check out the orchestral brass in EWQLSO (sold separately) -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155

Thanks for the links guys !

Look no further than Dan Dean Brass Ensembles, still amazingly awesome!!!

Dittos - Dan Dean! - FOR SURE!!

Solo and Ensembles - you\'ll want both!

I use SAM for Trombones and Horns short notes and effects. I prefer Dan Dean for Horn sustains though, they\'re loud dynamics are bigger than SAM.

Thanks to everyone for the help !

Ive heard very good things about \"Kirk Hunter Brass\". Check it out.

Ed

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Dan Dean\'s libraries are excellent. VSL is excellent. Some QL Brass patches are to die for. You will find a lot of wonderful brass libraries. Keep in mind that becuase brass is such a volatile instrument class, any sample library is going to represent only a fraction of the expressive capability. You have to figure out what the library will do, then write with that in mind.

I find that there\'s no substitute for a live track or two when it comes to any wind part, but brass especially. When your expectations fall more into those lines, it is easy to love and get great results from the available libraries.

Go Back to forum