• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Decent Accordion Library out there?

Share/Bookmark

Decent Accordion Library out there?

Hello all,

for a layout for a documentary with an argentinian \"tangoish\" vibe to it I need an accordion.
    For the real sessions I will get a live musician but for now samples will have to do...

Anything decent (and not too expensive..) out there? Multisamples, not phrases, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Christopher

Re: Decent Accordion Library out there?

There are two options: both libraries have several instruments to chose from.
    Post Accordions Post Audio Media website
    and
    Bardstown Audio Classic Accordions Bardstown Website .

I added a small demo for my Post Accordion \"Impro\" that uses some midi gen purp messages to change the timbre of the instrument(s) in real-time. You can couple this control data to a wind-controller, keyboard sliders or a foodpedal for extra expression.

As Michiel stated, there are two accordion library collections available.

There are quite a few demos to sort through on my web site, but here are a couple of tango mp3 demo links...

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/gran.mp3

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/Tango.mp3

The Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand is also featured in these demos as well.

All of these instruments are available in Giga format, and also a 24 bit package, which includes EXS24, Kontakt, and HALion.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Can´t find any pricing info on your accordion, though - when I click on \"buy now\" I get a \"page not found\" [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Really liked the demo!

Kip - we seem to have posted at the same time... didn´t see your post.
    Thanks a lot to you, too!

Off to listen to more demos...

Originally posted by christopher:

Can´t find any pricing info on your accordion, though - when I click on \"buy now\" I get a \"page not found\" [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oops, sorry for that!
    We\'ll have a new website in a few days; in the mean time this is our on-line store.

here is the info you need:
    Format Akai;Giga;Kurzweil;SF2 WAV;Kontakt;EXS (I believe HALion is ready too)
    Price $ 95

Thanks!!

Hi there,
    The Post Accordion disk also has a whole palette of 7 different instruments to chose from;
    multi-sampled instruments of a Hohner Morino (all registration), an Accordiana, a Concertina, a Paolo Italy, a Paolo Sax, a Parrot and a bandoleon.

Hi all,

I guess we are number 3 with our library
    \"accordionize\", ...

even the page is not ready for primetime (we will be finished end of september 2003) please check out www.accordionize.com!

We sampled single tones and different registers from very expensive Italian and German manifactures.

sincerely, Andy Gradl

I f anyone\'s interested I have a Hohner Melodica Piano 36 multisample for download at my website. It\'s not an accordion, but a not too distant relative. It\'s in EXS format, I\'ve successfully imported it into Kontakt, and the samples are pre-looped so loading it manually into your choice of sampler won\'t be too difficult. I sampled quite some time ago and the quality is good but not great.

Daniel
    http://www.tra-la-laudio.com
    EXS Samples

Go Back to forum