• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Woodwind Demo...

Share/Bookmark

VSL Woodwind Demo...

I finally got a chance to mess with the legato woodwinds, and I\'m still blown away. I made a quick demo showing the results you can come up with with incredible ease.

( www.aaronsapp.com/Woods.mp3 )

Keep in mind these are all played in real-time, plus no tweaking really needed.

Re: VSL Woodwind Demo...

Very nice! Are the strings VSL too?

what an awesome cue

I was watching Spirited away again today, and this reminded me TOTALLY of something I could have seen in the bath house, tho this cue is slightly a bit more animated and happier, It\'d still fit in a great animation.

awesome work man, even tho its quick

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Keep in mind these are all played in real-time, plus no tweaking really needed.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great work as usual Aaron. I like the form. Woods sound great. I have also found that I don\'t need to spend so much time tweaking with VSL compared with the other libraries I own. It really changes my workflow to were my composing time is more involved with musical elements rather than midi element. That means a great deal to me. BTW, what Performance Set capabilities did you use - if any?

This sounds really good!! Like it alot! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    I finally got a chance to mess with the legato woodwinds, and I\'m still blown away. I made a quick demo showing the results you can come up with with incredible ease....Keep in mind these are all played in real-time, plus no tweaking really needed.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m blown away too...incredible. VSL should beg you to use that on their website.

What else are you using there ? GOS ? What are you using for percussion these days ? Not so much on this piece I mean, but I was listening to some of your stuff on the GOS website.

Aaron, to be completely honest with you, that was BETTER than good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

HOLY CRAP KING!! Believe or not, I came out of the theater of seeing Spirited Away and started on this! I love that hokey sounding japanese music, and decided to give it a shot. I love these woods, it lets my ideas come out very easily.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I would love to have the pro edition of the vsl performance set, but it\'s tooooo much, hehe. I\'m maxed out at 99% with only the \"grace note\" patches from flute, oboe, and the legato clarinet patch.\" WHEW, they kill memory! =) But they\'re more than worth it.

The percussion is all LOP, strings: Kirk Hunter Violin sustains and GOS Sordini. All pizzicati are from GOS. As far as the piece goes, I feel it\'s kind of a cool departure. I actually had a melody for this song, but I kinda flew off the side. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for listening!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Aaron, you are really coming along. The quality of your work has rocketed in literally months.

Have you decided where you\'re going to school? I don\'t know how heavily you\'re pursuing scholarships, but I think you could do very well.

Aaron,

It sounds amazing! And I am not just talking about VSL, but the way you are using it!

Hans

Go Back to forum