• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO4 pitch chamges

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 pitch chamges

I have a document in which the instruments have started to shift ibn pitch. The ww's are ok, but the brass and stgs are goin way off pitch.
    I just got GPO4 on line.

I am using Finale 2011 and using alot of multiple layers in the instrument list, meaning there might be 3 or even four instruments playing on one staff. This means that I am getting up into over 32 tracks with several different Aria Player consoles.

However, if I open another document, the same problem does not occur.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem in the document that I have spent hours developing?

I though I was developing a possible template for my orchestral needs, but it seems to be messing up.

Thx.
    Finale 2011
    GPO4, Aria PLayer
    Mac OS 10.6.8
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    M-Audio Firewire 410
    Fatar SL-880

Re: GPO4 pitch chamges

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus Music View Post
    I have a document in which the instruments have started to shift ibn pitch...
    Hmmm, with all the layering and dense data work you're doing, I suspect you've inserted some commands which are resulting in Pitch Bend events. I don't know if it's possible to look in that kind of detail at Finale's MIDI data - but you need to look for Pitch Bend events, and more importantly, determine what markings you're using that could be introducing them.

Randy

Hey...I just came across the same problem in Finale 2012 (under Windows 7) with JABB3. Still working with Garritan support on resolving the problem. All we've come up with so far is how to fix the problem after the fact. Will keep you posted on my results. Until then please open a problem with Garritan/Makemusic support. The more the merrier!
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

How do you fix the problem after the fact? I have been trying to contact Garritan support through the Make Music web, clicking on the button for that, and both Safari and Firefox come back with nothing.

How did you contact them? Thx.

I went to www.finalemusic.com. Under Support tab click on Garritan Support. You need to have an account to create a case so either create a new account or login to your account. You should now be in the screen for "Submit a Support Case". The rest is self-explanatory.

My problem is called JABB pitch problem. If this link works you can possibly look at it here:

http://garritan.custhelp.com/app/acc...il/i_id/928616

Hope this helps.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Manthe View Post
    ...My problem is called JABB pitch problem. If this link works you can possibly look at it here: (link)
    That link doesn't work for us, Mitch, because it's your specific Support Case - permission for others to view it is denied.

Are you using the newest ARIA with Finale when this odd pitch problem happens?

Randy

"Are you using the newest ARIA with Finale when this odd pitch problem happens?"

I'm using the Aria Player that came with my FInale 2012. Should I update that?

As I said before, when I click Garritan Support button in the MakeMusic Finale page, nothing comes up. Safari or Firefox say that it can't be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus Music View Post
    "Are you using the newest ARIA with Finale when this odd pitch problem happens?"

I'm using the Aria Player that came with my FInale 2012. Should I update that?

As I said before, when I click Garritan Support button in the MakeMusic Finale page, nothing comes up. Safari or Firefox say that it can't be found.
    I just checked to make sure MM's Support page wasn't having problems or something --It isn't. You have to sign in, and then by clicking tabs for Garritan Support, you get to a page where you fill in info on your issue.

This link will only work if you're actually signed in at MM.

http://garritan.custhelp.com/app/ask

And in the downloads, the latest version of ARIA is available.

Randy

That is very useful, thank you.

I sometimes get this problem, and I've cured it by going to the offending instrument in Aria, ditching it and reloading.

Terry Dwyer

Go Back to forum