• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A severe lack of Chicago outings

Share/Bookmark

A severe lack of Chicago outings

Why is there almost (as far as I\'m aware) a complete lack of Chicago events related to audio/music? I know, most of the industry is out in Cali, but still.. Chicago rocks! Hey, we have the Chicago Symphony Orchestra here! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though.. are there any even remotely future plans to hold anything cool in Chicago? Pretty please? I\'ll recommend some good restaurants. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: A severe lack of Chicago outings

I wanna go to Chicago!!!!! =)

Now that\'s the spirit. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Just look at all the cool stuff to do here:

http://chicago.citysearch.com/

Sam -

As a former North Sider [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , I\'m shocked to see your post... it couldn\'t have gone downhill THAT much over the last 6 years...

My question: are you speaking of music conventions and the like (the CES held their last convention at Maccormick while I was there) or are you speaking of festivals like the Blues Fest or Jazz Fest? (I\'m hoping the city\'s budget hasn\'t deteriorated enough to cut back or eliminate them - other cities have started to do exactly that...)

x$ (pronounced ex-bucks)

Aren’t the Blues Brothers still performing?

Originally posted by Bill:
    Aren’t the Blues Brothers still performing?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jake died [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry.. I should\'ve been clearer in my initial post. Not looking for things to do [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I wish more of the music industry shows would show up here!

Sam,
    Try dinner at Maggiano\'s then http://www.jazzshowcase.com/

Then there\'s:
    May 2-3: 6th Annual Women of Southport Festival. Featuring Chicago jazz singers: April Aloisio, Eden Atwood, Alexandra Billings, Katherine Davis, Eugenia Elliott, Martha Lorin, Susan May, Christiana Moffa, Joanie Pallatto and Linda Tate.

Jazz and food or jazz and women. I think that about covers everything [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ah, now you\'re talking about my roots. I grew up in Chicago and graduated from Loyola before moving out here to sunny LA.

My fave Italian restaurant was Rosebud down by UIC. It\'s amazing how much they have beautified the city since I left back in \'95. I always loved it, but now it\'s even more stunning.

Regarding industry work, I don\'t know much about that. Although the Chicago Film Festival is supposed to be big as hell. Also, isn\'t Chicago where all the big ad agencies are based? Could break into the jingle business without having to relocate.

There\'s another post on this list about the $ potential in ads. Simply obnoxious. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Hey, we have the Chicago Symphony Orchestra here!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, but you have to take out a second mortgage to buy tickets. :-)

Come on out here to the Quad Cities Symphony Orchestra.

Go Back to forum