• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brass Choir Demo

Share/Bookmark

Brass Choir Demo

I\'ve been asked a lot about \"fanfare/chorale\" articulations in the brass library, so I took a quick stab. Here\'s a quick brass choir (Tpts, FHorns, Bones, Bass Bones, Tuba) demo:

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/RoyalFanfare2M.mp3

More coming soon.

Re: Brass Choir Demo

Just a note on the articulations. Being a trumpet player, had I ever put a gliss up to the top notes in an orchestral setting, I probably would have been fired on the spot. In big band, great, but in a choir, it\'s taboo. Don\'t mean to rag, and the rest sounds pretty good. Just a bit of advice.
    Tim

I did that at a rehearsal.

I got sent to the office. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don\'t think I announced this before, but here\'s the completed demo for Kirk\'s library.

( www.aaronsapp.com/mp3/KH.mp3 )

Originally posted by TLarkin:
    Just a note on the articulations. Being a trumpet player, had I ever put a gliss up to the top notes in an orchestral setting, I probably would have been fired on the spot. In big band, great, but in a choir, it\'s taboo. Don\'t mean to rag, and the rest sounds pretty good. Just a bit of advice.
    Tim
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ok, I\'ll take the rip out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Took the rip out. Thanks for the trumpet performance protocol!

That KH demo is great Aaron. Thanks.

MuzkGuy, if you are gona do choral harmonization you better keep the voice leading rules as much as possible. If my ears are not failing then the voice leading in your piece must be reworked to be an \"true\" choral piece.

No offence intended!
    Now the samples - I find the trumpet somewhat synthy. Horn is ok. Trombone is ok. I like the tube sound.

I would also like to hear more legato in the trumpet.

A_Sapp - I don\'t know what your exact intention was (other than creating demo), but this is more like gathering of different pieces which don\'t quite manage to create a coherent structure. However, I liked the sound of some of the pieces. I think that the brass could be little closer (\"louder\") in your mix

Anyway, maybe I\'m just old fashioned and as my friend Worra would say: \"Born in the wrong century\". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, now I\'m tired. Good night.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

I gave the wrong link. Here\'s the link to the REAL finished demo:

( www.aaronsapp.com/mp3/Deliverance.mp3 )

Doh! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Aaron,
    nice but IMHO too many fff ---> ppp ----> fff ----> ppp (for such a short piece)
    I think i have noticed this tendency in some of your other pieces [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Very nice - to my ears, great variety without losing cohesion. And to show there\'s no accounting for taste, I think the dynamic contrasts (even the sudden ones) work well for you.

The brass seem a little edgy at times when I wanted to hear warmth, though. Can the KH be warm as well?

What were the strings? GOS or VSL performance set?

--Eric

Go Back to forum