• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Firtst public Composition

Share/Bookmark

My Firtst public Composition

Hi! this is my latest work and I decided to put it out on this forum - I want to hear your comments. Im a begginer. Thank
    you Honza

http://www.handz.cz/Hudba/battle.mp3

Re: My Firtst public Composition

No docela zajimavy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I like it Good job...

Overall, I enjoyed it – nice work. I like the trombones since I play the trombone. It seems like you know how and when to use them.

But I have some suggestions that might help with your composition:
    1.) I didn\'t hear any winds so after awhile, the sound of the brass became monotonous. I think putting the winds in would help especially if you use them for articulations, accents, colors, and taking up the themes to give the listener something new to listen to…for example, use the winds to punctuate the melody on the horns, then hit a climax and switch off so the winds take the melody and the brass play staccato or something like that.
    2.) Rhythm seems to stay static throughout the piece. Variety makes things interesting…I like to keep the listener guessing about what comes next but then surprise them.
    3.) “Less is more” rule – I believe with music especially that if you want something to stand out more or to be more interesting (\"more\" of just about anything for that matter), you should take some things out rather than add more. For example, if want something to sound very loud, you could play all instruments at ffff or alternatively, you could have a quiet part precede the loud part. This quite part will highlight the disparity in the volume and make the loud part sound intense and surprising. So in way, to add a climax, you removed or reduced what came before it so the climax stands out more.

I realize these are vague general pointers, and there are always exceptions to everything, but I like what I hear and I think you could take it farther by these general points. Good luck!

thank you Karimelm for your comment, Im happy that you enjoyed that piece.
    I know that there are no winds. This should be my first attempt to make a BATTLE - Like score and i decidet to not use winds in it- to sound more \"hard\" Yes tempo is constant - because the piece is relatively short. and other thing is that my computer going unstable whit additional winds loaded:-). Again Thank for your comment. be fine.

sorry , but it looks on problem whit server - try later....:-(

it is working now...

Originally posted by handz:
    Hi! this is my latest work and I decided to put it out on this forum - I want to hear your comments. Im a begginer. Thank
    you Honza

http://www.handz.cz/Hudba/battle.mp3
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Very agressive.

Hi Joanne thank You for reply , im pleased that You liked that piece.
    Samples used in this composition are:

DDSB:Trombone,Trumpet
    SAM HORNS
    SI Symphonic Strings
    London Orchestral Percussions,

Here is answer on some of your questions [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] :
    Im using Sonar XL 2.0 and composing mainly in it. Rverb which Im using is Dsp from GIGASTUDIO and additional Waves renesaince verb. I dont have any hardware stuff - everything is mixed by software way. Samples - I using them out of the box- only pan them on the proper side of orchestra (not every time).... if you want to ask anything else just go on....
    Honza

I pan during initial laydown...
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum