• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another tune...Kompakt and the Bards Bose

Share/Bookmark

Another tune...Kompakt and the Bards Bose

I\'ve been playing with my new toy...Kompakt. It works really well with Bardstown 24 bit version of the Bosendorfer, and I could get used to the vst environment. I thought a large sample like the Bose along with orchestration would choke my system, but it works well.

The Kontact Bards translates over to Kompakt without a hitch, although the volume seems a little louder. By no means a problem.

Anyhow, here\'s little tune I did, mostly with Kompakt as a vsti inside SX. The 24 bit version of the Bose really has a nice tone. I think the 24 bit version has a better \"ring\", and a better attack on the initial part of the notes.

Click on \"Life and Death\" at the link below.

Thanks for listening!

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=130981&ck=

Re: Another tune...Kompakt and the Bards Bose

Hey Sporter, Very nice tune. Quite enjoyed listening. I may have heard a compression artifact once on the piano at around the mid point. but I may just be trippin. If you did comp it a bit , check it out. If you didn\'t then I\'m just a big a**. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When the strings first come in, the higher vios sound a little shrill for a moment or two. Maybe a touch of eq could warm them up a tad. Otherwise, quite nice. Quite nice indeed.

christianb

Re: Another tune...Kompakt and the Bards Bose

Originally posted by christianb:
    Hey Sporter, Very nice tune. Quite enjoyed listening. I may have heard a compression artifact once on the piano at around the mid point. but I may just be trippin. If you did comp it a bit , check it out. If you didn\'t then I\'m just a big a**. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] When the strings first come in, the higher vios sound a little shrill for a moment or two. Maybe a touch of eq could warm them up a tad. Otherwise, quite nice. Quite nice indeed.

christianb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the listen. I wanted to use comp, but I couldn\'t get it to sound right, so I manually rode the gain when the strings came in. I tried to keep the mid part under control...but thanks for pointing that out. My dynamics tend to get out of control, and I lack the engineering experience to get it smoothed out and still keep feeling.

Good call on the eq.

Go Back to forum