• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wanted: "Voices of the Apocalypse” (VOTA)

Share/Bookmark

Wanted: "Voices of the Apocalypse” (VOTA)

Looking to purchase the old East-West “Voices of the Apocalypse” (VOTA). Anyone have a copy they’d like to sell?

Re: Wanted: "Voices of the Apocalypse” (VOTA)

Still looking for VOTA. Here’s the story. I’ve been using VOTA on Giga for years; works great. The hard drive crashed. No problem, just get a drive and reinstall Giga and the samples. I got to loading VOTA, and it wouldn’t load. The CD #1 became corrupt over the years, and is unreadable. I have a lot of unfinished projects with choir and would really like to buy another copy. Can someone please help?

EW doesn't allow the re-sale of their libraries...

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    EW doesn't allow the re-sale of their libraries...
    I already own it. But Disk #1 is corrupt and unreadable. EW Support can’t help me because it’s been out of print for years. All I’m doing is looking for other alternatives because EW can’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by robertc View Post
    I already own it. But Disk #1 is corrupt and unreadable. EW Support can’t help me because it’s been out of print for years. All I’m doing is looking for other alternatives because EW can’t help.
    Try burning a copy of the corrupted disk.
    Sometimes that car make a good one from a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    Try burning a copy of the corrupted disk.
    Sometimes that car make a good one from a bad one.
    Hey Steve, long time no see!

I don't think that's ever worked for me. There's some utilities on the web that might work. Usually corrupt is corrupt. Another solution is try other computers.

I’ve tried everything, even the machines that are supposed to fix a CD. Nothing works. Seems there is some strange chemical reaction; some liquidization between the layers of the plastic. Very strange. I’m still hoping someone will have a copy that I can buy. EastWest is of no help. The bigwigs won’t even return my emails or calls.

Robert,
    this may sound hokey but have you considered buying one of those DR CD fixit devices? My cousin swears by it. He says his discs were so bad and nothing fixed them until he bought that device.

It looks like a small labeling gun, you put the disc in and then squeeze the trigger which causes it to turn the disc. Apparently is scrapes off a micro layer of the plastic and polishes it so it can be read again.

He literally says some discs were gouged and they worked enough for him to make copies.

You might look into it.

http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Classic-Di...ywords=dr+disc

** Edit ** Also if you try it and it works, let us know Though my cousin swears by it, I've never really needed it.

Yes I did try a couple of things like that. Nothing worked. I wish East-West support would be of some help. They must have some copies lying around. I would buy it again! I sent multiple emails to Nick Phoenix and Doug Rogers, but they refuse to even answer my emails and calls. Frustrating.

That's such a waste. If they can resell VOTA or any other Giga libraries from the past why not? At the very least they could respond with, buy our new Symphonic Chior plat or something like that. But at least respond.

Right now EOSL does have 50% off of the chior. Perhaps that's where you should go.

I myself want to see Gplayer emerge as a real contender and start to see new G-player libraries being made at lower costs.

Wish I could be of more help.

Aug

Go Back to forum