• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Echo MiaMidi

Share/Bookmark

Echo MiaMidi

Hi all, I\'ve finally settled on a computer but I want some comments on the audio card I\'m considering to buy - That\'s Echo MiaMidi.

I have heard mostly good things about products from Echo, so I\'m almost sure that I\'ll not be disappointed by Echo MiaMidi but I want to ask you first before I buy it.

Is it a good choice?
    How is it in regards of latency etc.?

I\'ll be using XP Pro on a 2.4ghz with 2GB DDR RAM, two harddrives (OS, AUDIO) the mobo is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

What do you think?

Re: Echo MiaMidi

Hello Falcon1.....let me tell you about my Echo Mia 24/96 Soundcard. First of all, it is one of the quietest soundcards I\'ve ever used! The price was great! (I paid just over $ 200) As far as a latency problems... I really have had none! (Let me say that I did, at one time, run into a latency problem... but it had nothing to do with the Echo Mia. It had to do with my midi configurations and it was eventually corrected.) Echo Digital Audio really makes some fantastic soundcards and the Echo Mia is definately one of them. For the price, you cannot go wrong. The more expensive Echo products are suppose to be great too and many on this forum are using them... but I personally really love my Echo Mia. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...........Gary

PS.... You\'ll be real happy with Windows XP Pro and the ASUS mobo. I have both and really enjoy them! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ........... Gary

I have several Echo Mia (not midi) cards at work and have been totally satisfied with them. I also have a Mona Laptop at home which is also great. Their drivers are first class and their tech support is great.

-- Martin

Yo falcon! Your setup is exactly like the one im building, only difference is im thinking about an rme hammerfall card, the thing is i just noticed the prices have gone up dramatically, so maybe i\'ll go for an echo layla, the problem i have with the mia is the lack of optical i/o, which you may find yourself needing in the future.

I use the echo mia (non-midi) on my giga machine. Works great.

Their support is absolutely HORRID. If you email them, they\'ll take about a week to respond and then with only one or two sentences. I found them to be very rude and lazy as far as tech support goes.

Also, there\'s hardly any sort of manual that comes with it.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] grrrrr there tech support is so crappy [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] gets me angry just thinking about it.

But if you\'re not going to use their tech support (perhaps you know what you\'re doing unlike me) than I\'m sure its a good card.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] stupid tech support [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Yes, with XP Pro the Echo Miamidi is a great solution. Sounds excellent and does not break the bank. Great for Giga

Dave

The Echo Mia Midi saved me from having to throw myself out of my window (don\'t be too horrified, it would have been more of a symbolic gesture as I only live on the second floor). At any rate I tried for over a year to make the audiophile 2496 work with my system and finally gave up. I purchased the Mia Midi and I have never had any problems with it. The sound is excellent and very reliable. Latency is also top notch. I highly recommend this card.

Thanks guys! It seems that I can\'t go wrong choicing Echo Mia card.

Go Back to forum