• Register
  • Help

Topic: Daw Daw Daw Daaawwws;

Share/Bookmark

Daw Daw Daw Daaawwws;

Cakewalk has released Sonar X2. It loads as a separate application from X1 so you have the option of using both. I've read some good things about Sonar X2.
    ------------------------------------------

Mark Of The Unicorn is shipping Digital Performer 8 which is now Windows 7 compatible . If you are still using Windows XP or Vista you will need to upgrade your OS to use DP8.

The Windows 7 version as of this writing is NOT shipping but is promised to be soon. Yo can go to MOTU.com and check it out. There is lots of information about it including videos.

DP8 ships in a box which includes pdf manuals and also hard copy. There is no Demo version probably because DP is not copy protected beyond a simple serial number type in.
    ---------------------------------------------

Major Daw applications Apple's Logic Pro and Ableton Live are over do for updates so the outcome of the battle of the DAW app will become clearer upon their release.
    ----------------------------------------------

The DAW I like to use use, Metro 6.5, is, for a limited time, on sale for 60% off on all three of its different versions. That makes the low end version only $28.00. There will be a free update to Metro 7 in all three versions by the end of this year with 20 new features. The mid level version is still Mac only but will be also be Windows compatible with the release of Metro 7.

All three versions have demos.

You can check it out at http://www.sagantech.biz

Re: Daw Daw Daw Daaawwws;

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    ...Cakewalk has released Sonar X2. It loads as a separate application from X1 so you have the option of using both...
    When upgrading Cakewalk/Sonar, it's an excellent option to just keep previous versions on your hard drive. I have all iterations that I've ever had all active on my computer, starting with Pro Audio 9 -!--and that goes back 10 years.

It's going to take a lot of convincing for me to try X2. My copy of X1 (which I've kept updated with the constant flow of fixes and upgrades released by Cakewalk) - sits on my computer mostly gathering dust. I gave it a solid try for months - couldn't ever get over my utter dislike of its depressing looking interface and its return to menu-diving in order to get to the controls I want. In a word I pretty much Loathe X1. I find it slower to work with, and clunky with its way over-sized, childish looking graphics-- oh I could go on. I'm just one of the loyal group who feel Cakewalk wrecked the good thing they had going when they came up with this X series. I've stuck with Sonar 8.5 and still love it.

Randy

MOTU and DP for Windows 7 / x64? I had hoped for it a long time. Sonar X1 is as Randy told us, gathering a bit dust.
    Still on 8.5.3 and I didn't bother updates of X1. Now the sky clears, no more clouds. I welcome DP. See it when it comes out.

Hurah!!!

Raymond
    [and now still waiting for Altiverb for Windows 7 / x64........ due overtime]

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    MOTU and DP for Windows 7 / x64?
    Yes, I'm sure it will also be 64 bit for Windows 7.

Phil

Go Back to forum