• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Is there anything wrong with Bardstown Imperial Grand

Share/Bookmark

Is there anything wrong with Bardstown Imperial Grand

I haven\'t heard one bad thing about this product...has anyone had any bad experiences???/

dano

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Is there anything wrong with Bardstown Imperial Grand

Originally posted by danielmm:
    I haven\'t heard one bad thing about this product...has anyone had any bad experiences???/

dano
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Dano,

Nope. It\'s one of the must-haves. And Kip McGinnis is one of the friendliest and most professional guys you\'ll ever meet.

This piano is one of the best sounding sampled pianos. Very rich and full sounding
    even up in the higher register.

Tom

Hey,
    thanks for the replies...... I\'m thinking the only thing that would compare is perhaps \"The Grand\"....

Do you use Kontakt as a host for this software? This is what I am hoping to do if there are no bug issues or drawbacks....I will be using Cubase 32 on a P4 2.5Ghz, 512 RAM.

dano

Bruce and Tom, thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! Very much appreciated!

Dano, Kontakt is an excellent sampler for the 24 bit versions of the Bardstown Bosendorfer. There are two different .nki Kontakt instrument files in the 24 bit Bosendorfer package... a full sounding unprocessed Kontakt instrument file that features the pure raw natural sound of this piano, and a velocity filter instrument file with velocity filter programming that applies low pass filtering with softer playing, and with diminishing low pass filtering effect as you play louder and then no low pass filter when you are playing double forte. Many people consider velocity filter programming to make for very expressive sampled piano programming.

Cubase VST 32 is an excellent host program for Kontakt, and a P4 2.5 GHz computer with 512 megabytes of RAM is very sufficient, and is considerably way more sufficient than the minimal system requirements for the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial running in Kontakt. The Bardstown Bosendorfer performs very well in Kontakt on older PIII\'s with less than a GHz processor. 512 MHz RAM is very sufficient. 384 MHz of RAM is borderline, meaning that on some computers it will work fine with 384 Mhz, and on other systems 384 MHz RAM is barely not enough. 512 MHz RAM is a sure thing for optimal performance of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Model 290 running in Kontakt.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Originally posted by chocothrax:
    I\'ve never heard of 512 MHZ of RAM, what is that?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Giga hertz, mega hertz... sorry, I meant Mb \"megabytes.\" I was out of town yesterday and did not get in until 4:00 A.M. and was rather sleepy at the time when I posted that message.

Kip

Why isn\'t the Giga version in 24 Bits as well?

The Bardstown Bosendorfer is, in my opinion, the best sampled piano for overall quality and versatility. If you are comparing that to Steinberg\'s, \"The Grand\", I would say that there is absolutely no contest.
    Jim

I don\'t have it, but I wish I did. There ARE problems with the PMI Bos. See the other thread about the PMI update.

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast