• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Do these pics look professional enough for my website?

Share/Bookmark

Do these pics look professional enough for my website?

Do these pics look professional enough?

I just bought a digital camera so I could take some pics for my web site. I\'ve seen a few other
    people\'s pics and most of them look really good. I\'m wondering how you Maarten S. lit your
    studio for those pics, did you hire someone pro to shoot it? I tried to get that lighting but I couldn\'t? Maybe my pics are good enough, though?

I mean it\'s all about \"the look\" in Hollywood, right! J/K [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Also, I was reading an old post the other day where Robert Krawl (sp?) said he was having a new
    desk built. Did you/he ever take pics of it, I\'d like to check it out. Anyone else got any pics of
    their studio/workspace?

BTW.. Let me know if I\'m taking up too much bandwidth and I\'ll delete these, I\'ll take them down
    in a bit anyway though.

Re: Do these pics look professional enough for my website?

Sssssexy.
    I\'m sitting here with my one lonely G4 and his one lonely monitor friend and not a stitch of out board gear. I am envious of your cables alone. Lets not even talk about how much screen acreage you have.
    I\'d say 1 and 2 are decent pics and 6 would be a great logo. The night shots are a bit too grainy and contrasty. And I don\'t think you want anyone to know you keep a Marshall in the shower stall either. The Lava lamp however, is a very nice studio touch.
    Looks like a nice place to work.

christianb

Hiya Kid...

Great stuff and studio layout!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Personally though, I like studios to have that kind of warm \"yellow light\" sort of look, like those that are shined with spotlights... I feel that yours is probably a little too dark... maybe take the photos at night with the yellow light, turn off the flash on your digicam and leave the curtains open... Then you have the lights from the outside buildings in the background and the studio will feel warm-ish... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, are you using your HUI to control Pro-Tools??? And what sequencer do you work with??? I am interested to know how you setup your studio... Thanks!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jun - aka meeehoon

Kid, do you want to have your pictures so bluish? Why not like this:

Other than that, nice pictures.

Originally posted by falcon1:
    Kid, do you want to have your pictures so bluish? Why not like this:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">cause then the midtones look greenish like vomit colour.

Might I suggest Kid, that for the darker pictures you set your cameras ISO to as low as it can go and then use a tripod and a much longer exposure time. All digicams have terrible noise at higher ISOs, especially cheap consumer ones. The tripod would also help for the rest to sharpen things up as some look a little blurry, ex. the closeup of the faders...

I really dig the look of your studio though with the windows and all! grumble, ruddy basement studio... no bloody windows... grumble grumble... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cheers,

mike

If there ever was a reason for an off topic forum, this thread is it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

They look awesome!!

Run, Forrest! Run!

What a sweet set up, man.

I gotta go now and ask my wife why not me????

Why can\'t I have all the toys?

LOL

Great work.

small tip: Perhaps some black cloth or tarp too hide the wires?

Lava lamp!

How can any studio be complete without one?. I love them too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Looks like a nicely organised set-up there. Where is it?. In an office building?.

Seeing as I\'ve just woken up far too early here in England (4am) and can\'t get back to sleep, I\'ll offer my opinion:

I think the Mackie shot is good and would go well on a website. The others might just be a tad too grainy and oddly lit (glare from the computer screens, excess from the windows etc) but I like the nightime \"Starship enterprise\" effect though. I\'m seriously no expert though, but I reckon a bit of fiddling in some touch-up software and maybe a few more attempts should yield the results you\'re looking for.

cheers

Jon

Thanks for the tips guys!

Thanks christianb! Yeah, the night shots are probably a bit to grainy I guess. I like the
    night \'vibe\' I just need to figure out how to shoot it so it\'s not so grainy. Where you serious
    about the Marshall being in the \"shower stall\"? It\'s actually an iso booth... I thought it might
    be good to show that I have one, maybe it\'s not necessary?

Thanks meeehoon! I know what your talking about, Maarten\'s studio has that look (not
    to mention many commercial studios). I like that look but I\'m going for (or trying to) a look in
    the vein of the \"Logic\" add a while back. It was the add with the studio in a loft along some
    port or harbor... it had a blue look to it. My track lights have blue grass in them to help give
    me \"the vibe\". Actually the board /console is a D8B (so it passes audio). I just use it as a
    standard console mostly, it has the option to use a \"layer\" of the board in HUI mode -- haven\'t
    tried it yet though. I am fairly new to giga studio, but I have both of my giga machines routed
    to the console (=16 ins) the rest is coming in from DP (= 16 I/O). I\'d rather use the EQ of the
    board, it also allows me the use of my out board stuff. I use DP3 (for the time being) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . But
    this set up -- the way it is now-- is pretty recent. So far so good!

\"How I set up my studio\"? I don\'t know it just happened. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ThanksFalcon1! I actually like it to look a little blue, as if I had used some \"gels\" or
    something. I was tying to get a look of, like, CSI or something. Logic did it in an add a while
    back. You seen that? But thanks for evening it out! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

ThanksMike Auty! Sorry I\'m photographly challenged.. what is ISO\'s? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But yeah I
    just have a cheap (if $350 is cheap) consumer camera. I didn\'t realize that you need to use a
    tripod to get a clearer picture, makes sense though.

So the way I\'m reading you guys is, ---> the first two look \"ok\" (if that is what I like), and the
    rest need to be redone....

Thanks Frank! Yeah that\'s a good idea, covering up the cables. Maybe I\'ll keep an eye out
    for something.

Toys? Who says you gotta tell your wife? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding, when she finds out that you went
    behind her back, she\'ll kill you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I guess just ask nicely! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks JonP. Yep gotta have the Lava Lamp! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah I tried to organize it as best I could do to spatial issues. It\'s actually in a high rise
    apartment. Maybe I\'ll try to clean up the pics a little -- glare and what not. Actually the second
    shot is looking through the vocal booth (i.e. glass glare)... I\'m trying to show that there is a
    monitor etc. in the vocal booth. It\'s difficult because I want people to see that there is a view too,
    but the widows don\'t help the pics either. I\'m gonna try to see if I can redo the \"starship
    enterprise\" pics because I think that lights and stuff tend to impress people (\"clients\"... not that I
    don\'t like it too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ), I just need to figure out how to make it light enough to \"see\", but dark
    enough to be \"dark\". I\'ll try again tonight....

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Very helpful!

Go Back to forum