• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Accordion Concerto

Share/Bookmark

Accordion Concerto

This concerto is a tribute to all young, highly skilled accordionists. They made a huge effort to bring this traditional instrument on a higher, classical level in order to compete with all the commonly known symphonic instruments. It requires however a free bass accordion or bayan.

The level is medium. It is meant for advanced students and beginning professionals. The orchestra consists of strings, one flute, one oboe, one clarinet, one bassoon, one horn, timpani, cymbals.
    The style is 'eclectic'. The second part is based on a Russian folk song.

Recorded with: GPO4 (woodwinds, brass), LSO (percussion), VSL (strings), XSamples (accordion)

Part I: Allegro Divertente
    Part II: Andante alla russa
    Part III: Rondo Giocoso

Re: Accordion Concerto

Really exciting, «Max».
    These new renderings of your works are far better than the original one I knew.
    Instruments stands on their tonal place and sound nicely.
    Maybe I wish the accordion stay a little bit in front the mix (and the cymbals too).
    Glad to hear you reappraised the expensive accordion I suggested you to buy from Xsample :-)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Really exciting, «Max».
    These new renderings of your works are far better than the original one I knew.
    Instruments stands on their tonal place and sound nicely.
    Maybe I wish the accordion stay a little bit in front the mix (and the cymbals too).
    Glad to hear you reappraised the expensive accordion I suggested you to buy from Xsample :-)

Thank you so much, Fabio. The Xsamples are really good, but they don't work very well together with the notation software AND Kontakt 4 (or 5). All the parameter settings are lost every time you quit the application. I informed at XSample and Kontakt, but they don't offer any valuable solution. They just blame each other for the problem...

Kindly,

Max

Ah well now, this is simply wonderful, Max - When I read your text first and saw you describe the style as "eclectic," that piqued my interest. - Yes!--eclectic in a way that keeps the proceedings so fresh and original.

An Accordion! - That has to be the least represented instrument here in the LR. Your composition for it elevates the accordion to a level of sophistication a lot of people probably wouldn't expect.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, and I'm so grateful you posted it.

Randy

Wow, Max. This is amazing. I've never heard anything quite like this before. Very fresh and unexpected. I get the impression that this is a repost from something that appeared a while ago? Has this piece ever been performed?
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Ah well now, this is simply wonderful, Max - When I read your text first and saw you describe the style as "eclectic," that piqued my interest. - Yes!--eclectic in a way that keeps the proceedings so fresh and original.

An Accordion! - That has to be the least represented instrument here in the LR. Your composition for it elevates the accordion to a level of sophistication a lot of people probably wouldn't expect.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, and I'm so grateful you posted it.

Randy
    Thank you, Randy, again for your kind judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    Wow, Max. This is amazing. I've never heard anything quite like this before. Very fresh and unexpected. I get the impression that this is a repost from something that appeared a while ago? Has this piece ever been performed?
    It's indeed a repost. But I didn't post it here. And this is a new rendering with different virtual instruments.
    As to performance: It might surprise you, but most accordionists of Russia, Belarus and Ukrania find it too easy to perform in their country, where the bayan level (standard) is extremely high. In my country, not one single accordionist has done an effort to even have a look at it. Score and parts are ready to perform. In my language we say: geen sant in eigen land (never a saint in your own country). There is probably an English equivalent, but I don't know it.

Thank you for having taken the time to listen it through.

Max

.... and now it sounds great. At the 2nd and 3rd part I felt like taking a wodka on the shores of the Wolga, zipping in remembrance of the good old Kozak-time..... (hahaha).

Really outstanding!!!

Raymond

geen sant in eigen land (never a saint in your own country)
    Nemo propheta in patria sua
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Nemo propheta in patria sua
    Well, Fabio, I didn't realize that you were that old...! You speak the language of your ancestors. And I've always thought that being an Italian was a fulltime job, and you are a Roman too. Must be tiring.

(Hahaha)

Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast