• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL.. Plugin?

Share/Bookmark

Re: VSL.. Plugin?

Originally posted by christian marin:
    to be more precise ...
    the performance-_tool_ will work as a plugin, not the library itself. unfortunately access to the the interface is currently only possible for mac and not for windows :-(
    christian
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Which is strange, seeing as how GS is a Windows program. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

being not an english nativespeaker, i\'m not sure i got your comment correctly.
    the library will work in logic/exs as usual - copying the wave-files to some place and the .exs-files into the appropriate directory you can access instruments using exs. if you want to take the special advantages of the library regarding legato|repetition|alternation you will need to do that via the performance-tool, which will work as a plugin to logic/EXS on mac.
    since development for the windows-version has been canceled, there is currently no option available to do the same on windows, although the library remains accessible with EXS
    christian

Originally posted by christian marin:
    being not an english nativespeaker, i\'m not sure i got your comment correctly.
    the library will work in logic/exs as usual - copying the wave-files to some place and the .exs-files into the appropriate directory you can access instruments using exs. if you want to take the special advantages of the library regarding legato|repetition|alternation you will need to do that via the performance-tool, which will work as a plugin to logic/EXS on mac.
    since development for the windows-version has been canceled, there is currently no option available to do the same on windows, although the library remains accessible with EXS
    christian
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">...... I hope you are not talking about the windows version of VSL. A windows version of EXS I could understand, but Herb himself stated he\'s not waiting for GS 3.0 and is going to go ahead and release Pro-Edition VSL for the current version of Gigastudio. I\'d like to know where you heard such.

guys take a look at where christian is from [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i apologize if it was not clear we are talking only about EXS-versions ... the GS-versions are not affected by this issue anyway and will be released whether GS3 is out or not (as herb said)
    also the performancetool for GS is already released and works as an independent application between a sequencer and a sampler, not as a plugin
    christian

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    guys take a look at where christian is from [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">i\'ve just noticed that although i have set my emailadress viewable it seems not to appear somwhere ... ok, here it is c.marin(at)vsl.co.at
    christian

VSL.. Plugin?

Got this in my EMusician Email today:

The Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestral Cube is now available in the Emagic EXS24 mk II format. The library includes a diverse set of samples ready for use in Emagic\'s Logic 5.5 and Logic 6. The company is also preparing a plug-in version of the library (for Windows, Mac OS 9, and Mac OS X), that is scheduled for release in late May.

to be more precise ...
    the performance-_tool_ will work as a plugin, not the library itself. unfortunately access to the the interface is currently only possible for mac and not for windows :-(
    christian

I thought that the performance aspect was programmed within the environment of Logic? If this plugin were VST it would be damn useful as it would mean people could use the library properly with HALion/Kontakt etc.

Go Back to forum