• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OK...Anyone Have Great Samples of Bongos?

Share/Bookmark

OK...Anyone Have Great Samples of Bongos?

Something with lots of dynamic levels, lots of realism. Is it out there somewhere? Seems like I heard King using some cool sounding ones something lately...

Thanks for any pointers...

Re: OK...Anyone Have Great Samples of Bongos?

I don\'t know if it\'s still available, but the free version of SampleTank has decent ones.

Actually I\'ve found the Kontakt samples of Bongos, Congas and Djembe to be very good.

They\'re velocity sensitive, have flams, rolls, etc.

I think Thomas had a really nice and pretty thoroughly sampled bongo up for DL for a while. I have it on my system - with Thomas\'s permission I could put it up for download, if it\'s not available anywhere else.

--Eric

Originally posted by Eric G:
    I think Thomas had a really nice and pretty thoroughly sampled bongo up for DL for a while. I have it on my system - with Thomas\'s permission I could put it up for download, if it\'s not available anywhere else.

--Eric
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow, that would be great...let\'s hope he sees the thread...I need a good sample of bongoes pretty quickly...I\'ll check up here or you can EMAIL me at tom@hartmanmusic.com

Thanks Eric!

I love the G-town bongos, especially the rolls. They are pretty \"wet\" though. I\'m not sure what you\'re looking for there. I\'m going to be uploading some free percussion to my site pretty soon. This set has some dry samples of bongos. No rolls, but hey, they\'re free.

my favorite bongos are in stylus

http://www.musicyouneed.com/stuff/Sizzlin2.mp3

added a bit of verb to them and rolled off highs and lows and pumped mids, but this is the perfect bongo sound to me. Its really flexible. I never thought I would find programmable/flexible bongos in this sucker, but yup..its there.

Check out Xsamples volume 9 by Best Service. There is a generous amount of percussion including some excellent bongos. You\'ll find lots of other goodies in this library as well.

Hey thanks to all, and I\'ll watch for those free ones

King....that\'s amazing....I pulled up Stylus last night and checked out the Bongos in \"Add Ons\" and they didn\'t make sense at all to me...they sounded very hard and every note sounded like it came from a different set! You got amazing results, so maybe I just need to play with them a bit.

The piece I\'m doing is a ballad, and I need samples that will play softly...you know, I should just go buy a real pair, but then they\'d probably sit here for two years until I needed them again....

Again thanks all.....

King....that\'s amazing....I pulled up Stylus last night and checked out the Bongos in \"Add Ons\" and they didn\'t make sense at all to me...they sounded very hard and every note sounded like it came from a different set! You got amazing results, so maybe I just need to play with them a bit.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree, at first listen, the Stylus bongos and congas all sound like they were recorded in different environments. But putting them all in the same \"room\" helps quite a bit, along with little EQ tweaks.

On a side note...King, I remember when you first posted that Mp3. Man, it\'s even better the 2nd time around! (I don\'t even want to know how long that took to do!) Can I ask where the horns are from? I don\'t want to hijack this thread, but I\'m very curious...

Go Back to forum