• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Which Solo String Library ???

Share/Bookmark

Which Solo String Library ???

I have another question about Solo Strings...

i heard about many libraries like Kirk Hunter, the Dan Dean Solo Strings and many other libs...

also there will be no SoloStrings (i mean Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass) on the EWQL, just Violin and Cello, but if i want solo strings, i want the whole section [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

so my question for you, which library can you suggest me to buy ?

for personal i dont like the Dan Dean Solo Strings because there are no up/down strokes on it...maybe you can help me, thx

Re: Which Solo String Library ???

come on,

there should be some guys here using solo string samples. my only question is, which one sounds best, has a good service and is not too expensive...

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    come on,

there should be some guys here using solo string samples. my only question is, which one sounds best, has a good service and is not too expensive...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Get some real string players [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mats

Waywyn,

I have been using the KHSS recently. You might check out these pieces. They are mostly KHSS. The violin and viola pizzicato samples are from DDSS. The rest is KHSS.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/string_theory_by_M_Drost.mp3

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/string_theory2__by_M_Drost.mp3

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/Hallucination_by_M_Drost.mp3

Hey Waywyn,
    like Marko I recently started using Kirks solo strings. (Unlike him, I can\'t write like that!) While there have been issues recently regarding loading times of certain patches, and I had a whole different set of conversion problems in EXS, the basic samples themselves are really nice. Some of the instruments are monstrously huge, but a with little elbow grease and a lot of patience you can come up with quite a few great patches of your own. (if you are not giga-fied) Listen to Marko\'s stuff and you\'ll get a great idea of what they sound like alone, but they can also be layered with sections of other libs to give a little extra punch.
    Also , be on the lookout for London Solo Strings. A bit more pricey however.

christianb

thx for your replys..

i heard some KHS stuff before and i am downloading your songs right now, Marko.

So i guess i could go with the KHS and have some good quality sounding strings with alt bowing and stuff [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Waywyn,

The trigger release samples in KHSS are especially useful. The spiccato trigger releases (Up/Dwn Spiccato SLOWFAST) for violin, viola and cello are great to work with.

In addition to the Dan Dean and Kirk Hunter Strings, there are some beautiful solo strings in the works from Donnie Christian (London Solo Strings), which will be available from Big Fish.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Not to forget about Gary Garritan\'s solo strings.
    I hope that this does not trigger a new CP thread...

JW

I looked at both the KHSS and London Solo Strings. I couldn\'t justify the double price for basically a few more things (Bartok Pitz for example). I must say, the KHSS is lovely. Still finding a few mistakes here and there in it, but it\'s still in beta, so I\'ll forgive that. Overall a VERY nice library. If you\'d like to hear the violin in another example, check out A Lonely Night on my webspace; www.panicnow.net/~devonb

Devon

Go Back to forum