• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano Piece - Memory

Share/Bookmark

Piano Piece - Felix's Memory

I figured I'd help kick off the Fall Listening Festival (or if there isn't one, just the fall season in general) by uploading this short piano piece I wrote last night, recorded using a Garritan Steinway. I like all the music I write to go with visuals, so here is a link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Bbd...ature=youtu.be

When I get the time I would really like to go back and arrange this piece for violin and piano.

This samurai on the side bar is way too cool not to include in my post.

Banned

Re: Piano Piece - Memory

contemplative...and beautiful. i like the nuanced dynamic changes and rubato.

Re: Piano Piece - Felix's Memory

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarker View Post
    I figured I'd help kick off the Fall Listening Festival (or if there isn't one, just the fall season in general) by uploading this short piano piece I wrote last night, recorded using a Garritan Steinway...
    YES, we need to start thinking of the Fall Festival!

I think that the Summer Festival was basically a way to agree as a group that it was time to have slightly ammended Listening Room rules. To re-post from the archives, to post more often, and even to post non-Garritan pieces as long as it's clearly stated Exactly what non-Garritan instruments are used. Those new guidelines have made for a much busier Listening Room.

Though the traffic has slowed down considerably in the last few weeks, we still have had such a nice boost in participation. I predict that things will continue to ebb and flow, and hopefully the posting rate will mostly Flow more than Ebb.

AND, by posting, I mean both posting our music and listening to other people's music. I'd still really like to see those two things evened out more - The rate of posting music, and the rate of listening and responding to others. I'll point out again that the people who seem to rarely respond to others tend to have their own music posts neglected.

ANYWay - since you mentioned the Festival - I wanted to say a few things about it.

The piano piece is lovely, MrMarker. Nicely constructed, and very nicely played and rendered. Thanks for posting it!

Randy

Re: Piano Piece - Memory

Hi Jacob,

Nice, gentle piano piece ... I enjoyed it.

I'll mention though that there are strains (your main theme from 0:00 to 0:10 and then again @ 1:10 to 1:20) that are identical to the main theme of a very old song "I'll Be Seeing You In All The Old Familiar Places".

Frank

Go Back to forum