• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Quantum Leap Brass good for pop???

Share/Bookmark

Quantum Leap Brass good for pop???

Hello friends, i\'m searching for a good brass library that will work for pop and latin music, but of course if it works for orchestral too even better, but i\'m really desperate about the pop stuff, i need it soon. I already did a search and didnt really find opinions on Brass for pop arrangements.

Re: Quantum Leap Brass good for pop???

Originally posted by Donald_Duck:
    Hello friends, i\'m searching for a good brass library that will work for pop and latin music, but of course if it works for orchestral too even better, but i\'m really desperate about the pop stuff, i need it soon. I already did a search and didnt really find opinions on Brass for pop arrangements.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">QL is very good for pop and Latin. I used it recently on a Latin jingle and it paid for itself. I don\'t know what it sells for now, but it was on the pricey side of things when it first came out. But at least for now, there is nothing out there as good for pop, at least that I\'ve heard...

Mr. Duck, I must agree with Tom... I have Quantum Leap Brass and it works extremely well for pop music. I recently composed a kinda \"pop-ish sounding\" song for a local recording artist in which QL Brass was used exclusively for all the horn parts....(She still cannot believe that I didn\'t hire a brass section for her demo song) You won\'t be dissapointed with it. Yeah, it is still a little pricey.. about $ 440. But, a very useful library and, in my opinion, a worthy investment! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Gary

there is no \"perfect\" pop brass lib.

QLB has some limitations, and could use an upgrade.

I\'ve reprogrammed much the sucker into Kontakt and it screams now.

All other libs have some usability too. I have Phantom horns and find that I want to reprogram that into Kontakt as well. The repetitions will be useful.

No one has enough bends into notes. Thats a serious missing aspect in pop brass libs. Faking it jsut never sounds right.

You\'ll find probs with QLB in its out of the box form. Its programming is pretty terrible by todays standards. Its still a great lib once its reqorked slightly tho.

there can be better tho.

King, one of these days when you got some spare time (uh...May of 2034?) you have to write a tutorial on the kind of programming you do with a few different examples from different libs. Nothing too long, but a few different things. I´m absolutely sure I would learn tons from such a tutorial.

One big difference I´ve noticed from the 3d animation community (my paid-job is 3d animation. Though I like it a lot I would also like to work in this stuff at least occasionaly but have no contacts...what yer gonna do) is that animators are more than willing to write tuts and you can literally learn the job just with the info around the net (and a few years of research and hard work of course). Unfortunately that doesn´t seem to be the case with computer music resources in general, and orchestral sampling in particular.

I think its more the fact that there are quite a bit more animators out there than accomplished sample editors [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As well, theres much more to be shared in animation I believe (more tools, more options, etc) I\'m willing to start posting more tuts. I am finally comming down for a week or so, but I\'m going to spend that time revamping the studio with some new gear, and possibly building a plan to extend it....Revamping the web page.... actually working on music for a demo CD...er..uh Not to mention find time to spend with the dog.

would those be called King tuts then?

King...Tsk tsk, I can\'t believe you missed that

christianb

hehee

maybe, King toots, when I go out for burritos

[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

...funny

christianb

Why not, we all pitch in for a DV-Camera and have King stick that camera in front of him while he is doing sample editing??? Can also somehow wire the video out from his computer and split it together with the DV-cam images and record it into a video side by side... That way, no need to write extra tutes and only time required is for setting up the camera... And King can just talk to himself while he does the sample editing and whilst not doing any such work, can use that camera to shoot his own KingIdiot Funniest Home Videos??? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum