• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Adding pictures?

Share/Bookmark

Adding pictures?

Hi all, maybe Randy can answer this, or anyone else who has done it.

How do you add pictures to a post here? I have tried by placing the pic at Box.net and then copied the url to this site, but all I get is a little box with no pic. I'd like to include picture when I discuss BiaB and how I use it.

Ideas?

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Adding pictures?

1. Make it a .jpg picture.
    2. Send it to Box.Net (which is now Box.com)
    3. Do share on Box.com
    4. Select Direct Link, this gives you the link to the jpg which is alos visible in the shared name.
    5. Copy that link.
    6. Go to Garritan Forum
    7. Add your message and for the picture select the button on top of this message area right next the worldglobe with the red cross in it.
    8. Now a window comes up in where you paste that previous link.
    9. Voila.

At least this is what I do.

Raymond

Thanks Raymond, I will give that a try.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Raymond, do you have a paid account at Box? I'm not sure if users with free Box accounts can hotlink to pictures like that. I pay $5 a month to Box for lots of storage and other features. Could you please let us know if your account is free or paid?

Randy

I tried to do as Raymond suggested and I have a free account to box.com. Here is the result. If you see no picture than I believe free accounts do not have this capabilty.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post

I tried to do as Raymond suggested and I have a free account to box.com. Here is the result. If you see no picture than I believe free accounts do not have this capabilty.
    No picture - I see the broken image icon. Thanks, Rich - I was rather sure free accounts at Box didn't have hotlinking available anymore.

I've paid Box $5 a month for several years now - very much worth it. I also pay Tripod $10 for a huge amount of storage and website building tools.

You can link to photos at PhotoBucket for free I think?

Randy

I remember that I have done this before and I used a site that allowed you do share freely. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was. I could search this forum and will when I have time. I think it was in the "DeLete This" thread from a couple of years ago.

Rich

Thanks guys (RichR and Randy). I have a free account. I will try some of the free photo sites to see if that will work.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I remember that I have done this before and I used a site that allowed you do share freely. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was. I could search this forum and will when I have time. I think it was in the "DeLete This" thread from a couple of years ago.
    Pretty sure Photobucket is one of them. Worthy of a Google search - Sites with free hotlinking used to be more common, but since that uses the site's bandwidth, you often need to pay nowadays. Still, there have to be free ones out there, like Photobucket. My recommendation is to pay Box $5 a month!

Randy

[IMG][/IMG]

Well, I found it almost as fast as Randy remembered it!

This is from photobucket.com and I believe it works.

Rich

Go Back to forum