• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1st impressions on QLSO from VSL users

Share/Bookmark

1st impressions on QLSO from VSL users

i am wondering how fellow VSL owners feel after listening to the 1st demo by qlso.

i have the performance set, which i like very much. truly amazing. i have to admit i find the ambience in the qslo very appealing.
    part of this is due to my own inexperience mixing orchestral music- which at times i find torturous- ( although i studied formal composition). This does get better with practice
    and good advice from better mixers but still takes a lot of time.

ideally it would be nice to have both, i am considering building up my brass and strings with the qlso- at least for now. there are many factors to consider in all of this.
    anyhow i would like to here from other VSL users on this - and please no childish slams.
    reminds me of the pc vs mac rants.
    regards

Re: 1st impressions on QLSO from VSL users

Originally posted by mike harper:
    i am wondering how fellow VSL owners feel after listening to the 1st demo by qlso.

i have the performance set, which i like very much. truly amazing. i have to admit i find the ambience in the qslo very appealing.
    part of this is due to my own inexperience mixing orchestral music- which at times i find torturous- ( although i studied formal composition). This does get better with practice
    and good advice from better mixers but still takes a lot of time.

ideally it would be nice to have both, i am considering building up my brass and strings with the qlso- at least for now. there are many factors to consider in all of this.
    anyhow i would like to here from other VSL users on this - and please no childish slams.
    reminds me of the pc vs mac rants.
    regards
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Your subject I think was the strings, so that I will address. By Nick\'s own admission, the strings he chose were for the purpose of drama<?>, not for sounding beautiful. I haven\'t heard enough of the strings to make an evaluation yet. Sorry ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rick

Go Back to forum