• Register
  • Help

Topic: GABB3 with Sibelius 7, ver: 7.1.2 build 46, Audio Engine v1.0.38.16S

Share/Bookmark

GABB3 with Sibelius 7, ver: 7.1.2 build 46, Audio Engine v1.0.38.16S

I'm looking for a simple, straight answer to my simple question -- all I can find is confusing answers & references to what Sib.6 does with GPO -- I see where Sib.7 is supposed to play VST plug-ins, but I'm looking for an answer to this question: will Sibelius 7 play the Garritan GABB3 jazz sounds as a VST plug-in, or in any other way, or will it not? Does anyone out there have a definitive answer? I'm not a tech guy, in particular -- I'm a musician somewhere on the Sib.7 learning curve.

I would like to try to use GABB3 (as perhaps a source of better instrument sounds) on playback of my big band charts written on Sib.7, but haven't bought GABB yet because I can't find a straight answer. I know that Sib.7 is SUPPOSED to implement VST plug-ins, but what I want to know is whether it actually works with this specific GABB3 product, or not.

Anyone out there in the world have a definitive answer? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance...

Re: GABB3 with Sibelius 7, ver: 7.1.2 build 46, Audio Engine v1.0.38.16S

While I have not used Garritan Jazz and Big Band EXTENSIVELY with Sibelius 7, I CAN tell you that JABB does work with Sibelius 7. I have used other VSTs with it, too.

Mark
    Mark McDowell
    Intel i7-920, 12GB, Dual 640GB SATA
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by mcdoma2000 View Post
    While I have not used Garritan Jazz and Big Band EXTENSIVELY with Sibelius 7, I CAN tell you that JABB does work with Sibelius 7. I have used other VSTs with it, too.

Mark
    Thanks, Mark -- I just wanted to hear that it was someone was actually able to use it, prior to buying the package. I hope the horn falls aren't as long as the Sibelius 7 sounds horn falls (which are way too long)...

Quote Originally Posted by mcdoma2000 View Post

Mark
    Hi, I'm trying to get the latest JABB 3 Soundset working with Sibelius 7.1.3. I've downloaded the correct soundset and copied it into
    • Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds

Do I have to open the ARIA player in standalone mode and use Notation sets, or will Sibelius link directly to the sounds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Holme View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to get the latest JABB 3 Soundset working with Sibelius 7.1.3. I've downloaded the correct soundset and copied it into
    • Mac OS X: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds

Do I have to open the ARIA player in standalone mode and use Notation sets, or will Sibelius link directly to the sounds?

Thanks
    With the sound set Sibelius will load the Notation samples. I will have to check tonight for all of the details for the setup. Note: I have been using JABB since version 1.0 in Sibelius. Currently on Sib 7.x and JABB 3.
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Go Back to forum